Summer revival mag

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Summer revival mag

Postby Bob perry » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:13 pm

Just received my Summer edition of Revival, and its as good a read as ever.

Most interesting article from Adrian re HA Temperature switch sender replacement.

Having just gone through exactly the same problem, and finding a new one difficult in the extreme, even with the help of Members on the forum, I must have jogged Adrian's memory to notify Club of the modification listed.

I actually had some difficulty in removing it from the head, but it shifted eventually!!!

A long search finally unearthed a second hand unit, which actually works ok so, after a 10/15 mile drive through town, country and a short section of motorway, all appears well, at the moment, and the needle moved up and stayed in the centre position!!

I am still going to contact Adrian for a replacement, just to be safe.

Bob HA130
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Summer revival mag

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:25 pm

If you can source the recommended sender unit I have a small quantity of adaptors - dont have a hex on the top foe a spanner but if you put the sender in the adaptor and screw the both in using the hex on the sender it should work ok. It could be a one way installation as if you try to take it out the sender will unscrew and leave the adaptor in.
Adaptor £3.00 delivered.
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Re: Summer revival mag

Postby 1972nail » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:02 pm

Thank you Bob for your feedback on the latest edition, it's good to hear that our members enjoy its content and find useful info inside.

I'm always looking for articles and photos to include and over the past year it has been particularly difficult. The Autumn issue is due out in the first few weeks of September with submissions due by 1st August.

I would ask all our members to send anything they think will be of interest, and this time of year simple rally and show reports and lots of photos are most welcome.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to General Discussion