The 100 HP 1256

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: The 100 HP 1256

Postby hbpeter » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:52 pm

Seen this car, fantastic piece of work, very well done.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:17 am

Definitely needs a article for the magazine - share it with the membership :wink:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby LittleDave » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:10 pm

hbpeter wrote:Seen this car, fantastic piece of work, very well done.

Peter

Heard the story in person at the Enfield Pageant, I like lunacy.

I live in Ford Country, and when I found myself with a mint bare but panelled LHD Sunbeam Alpine shell and no idea what to do with it, a rusty donor was found, but then a friend and I had a brainstorm and searched the sheds and scrappers lying around.

It ended up with a twin cam efi, turbo technics kit, intercooled, 5 speed box, 4 linked ford rear end on coil overs, hydraulic quick rack pas, disc brakes front and rear, servo assisted on standard Ford management. Without cutting the shell. Finished off with a " Ford Power" starter button, the only real clue, the car looked bog standard.

Long live the lunacy, good to see young guys at it too.
LittleDave
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Previous

Return to General Discussion