Dans viva est.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Dans viva est.

Postby hbr341 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:47 pm

Been up to Bracknell this weekend to collect a pair of HC sills i bought from ebay and today when i collected them I was surprised to see Dans viva on the drive.

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Dans viva est.

Postby VampireTigger » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:29 am

You mean here Image

Paul the guy you bought the sills from knows more about the carbs and the Snoot engine in Darth than anyone I know, hence I've enlisted his help to get Darth up and running again. He already got Darth to start on the three year old petrol in the tank, more work is happening to get Darth back on the road.

For those not already aware I bought Darth and Half Darth to keep them in the club and off eBay.
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbr341 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:55 pm

Well done Adrian yes i could tell Paul knew his stuff he showed me the carbs he has done good luck with it.

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:10 pm

hbr341 wrote:Well done Adrian yes i could tell Paul knew his stuff he showed me the carbs he has done good luck with it.

Regards Chris.

My Sportshatch was in pieces in the workshop at work, no head, no exhaust, no carbs, no gearbox, no propshaft etc when the tech walked out a week before lockdown first happened. The workshop was due to be demolished two to thre emonths later. With Paul's help once the head refurb was done he and I (mostly him) put the car back together in time to drive it out with time to spare. He's a great source of knowledge and being a gardener these days this will be his quiet time of the year so I offered to pay him to get Darth running again :) Good for both of us!
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to General Discussion