Pinion extension housing puller

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Pinion extension housing puller

Postby HAbeagle » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:40 am

Help.......My HA Beagle rear pinion extension housing is firmly stuck on the shaft fit...no success with prybar/wedges etc.

Problem with using traditional pullers as the housing has nothing for the legs to grip on.
Any info on the long-legged puller required?...I can see it's a vauxhall tool...can't find one with long-enough legs anywhere.....

It needs to come off to replace the pinion oil seal.....

Any help welcomed...
Thanks
Cliff
HAbeagle
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Pinion extension housing puller

Postby caribougone » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:51 pm

I changed the seal on my HB a few weeks ago and also had no luck with pulling and prying until I tapped it with a hammer around the edge a few times.
caribougone
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Pinion extension housing puller

Postby HAbeagle » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:34 am

I'll give it a try...maybe a bit of gas-heat might loosen it a bit also
Current plan is to clamp a pipe-clamp around the housing and use that as purchase for a puller...
Cliff
HAbeagle
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to General Discussion