A vin question researching history.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: A vin question researching history.

Postby Colin » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:44 pm

Guy Turner has emailed me in relation to this ultra rare original HB. Guy has 'view only' access to the forum so asked me to add the following -

'I've driven past this HB numerous time on route to Nursing homes in the Southend Area. It was stagnant for many years, but this year I saw it had moved position!! So I knew someone was finally looking after it. Seeing an HB is highly unlikely these days, but sitting on the main A127, well it always brightened my day up!'

Guy,

Great to learn of an ultra rare original low mileage car!
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby LittleDave » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:55 pm

Colin wrote:Guy Turner has emailed me in relation to this ultra rare original HB. Guy has 'view only' access to the forum so asked me to add the following -

'I've driven past this HB numerous time on route to Nursing homes in the Southend Area. It was stagnant for many years, but this year I saw it had moved position!! So I knew someone was finally looking after it. Seeing an HB is highly unlikely these days, but sitting on the main A127, well it always brightened my day up!'

Guy,

Great to learn of an ultra rare original low mileage car!

I too had passed it for many years, it actually was not stagnant, it was used from time to time and in turn key running condition, but not what I would call mot condition, the tyres were dangerous and though it ran the carb needed some attention.
I have been trying to find out how rare, but the usual sites only list Viva 1159cc in one group, but have another just labelled Viva Deluxe so pinning it down is not easy.

Cannot be many 4 doors with verified low miles and history from day 1 though, traceable ownership history too.

This does bring up a quandary though, it would be a great daily, but who will want to put miles on it?

Do you restore a very original car or preserve it? Leave it just as it is and give it a run out now and then would be my thoughts, maybe fit steel wings and age them to match the rest of the car, a bit like the 105E estate I have gone bonkers with.

It is Ford country down here, but I currently find myself with 3 rare GM products and an extremely rare Rootes product that I am going to keep, along with the 105e and the Opel Kadett Rallye coupe.

Heaven knows how, but already had an interest by email for the Viva through email, the guy said he found me through Facebook, obviously the car was posted there but not by me, I do not use it.
LittleDave
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby LittleDave » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:34 am

I finally found time to get her running again after winter storage, I thought I had sold all my stock of new 30 IZ carbs so had to buy one back, at three times the price I sold them for, then this week found another box of them lol,

She started without the choke, and rough when cold, but settled to a nice idle and clean revving when warm, so it needs adjusting which will get done over the weekend,

She can definitely go now, I bought another toy, a Carlton GSI, which I drove over 500 miles home and loved it, just more practical for me.

Will post more details and links once she is running right, probably mot tested and the dust gathered in storage washed off.
LittleDave
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Previous

Return to General Discussion