Viva Brake Discs.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Viva Brake Discs.

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:54 am

I understand from David Heading, our Parts Coordinator , that we have secured a quantity of 8" discs for Club use.
Apparently 10" discs have been secured by the company providing Jenson Healy spares - whether that is Martin Robey or Surplus Supplies I dont know.
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby ADRIAN » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:28 am

I have helped David here, to rescue the 8" discs. They were all due to go to scrap. The 10" discs (and drums) were sold to Richard Appleyard Jenson parts. Luckily, he has sold a few onwards, to Stuart Anderson at Magard sport.
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:13 am

Thanks for your help Adrian I understand you also had some of the 8" discs - there was talk about blanks being available - where have they gone - were they taken by Richard Appleyard?
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby ADRIAN » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:38 am

There were only 10" size blanks as far as I am aware. These have gone to Stuart Anderson for future machining. Apparently the company had made a batch of both 8" and 10" discs, due to a demand, but they had not even been recorded on their stock system, as they were so fresh from production. Hence the reason we initially thought there were no stocks held. We must be grateful, that have been so very lucky to have found this out for the ongoing benefit of Viva owners, and lucky to have rescued them, before they went for scrapping.
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:23 pm

I am confused now - previously you said the 10" disc and drums went to Richard Appleyard Jenson parts which ties in with your comment " the company had made a batch of both 8" and 10" discs, due to a demand, but they had not even been recorded on their stock system" - but then you go on to say -"There were only 10" size blanks as far as I am aware. These have gone to Stuart Anderson for future machining"
So were there any complete discs or just blanks?
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby ADRIAN » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:06 pm

Richard Appleyard bought 68 X completed 10" brake discs, also a large quantity of 10" blanks as well.
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:21 pm

I have spoken Andy at Richard Appleyard and yes he confirms he has 10"discs for the Jenson Healey (common with the Magnum) but the blanks are for the Jenson CV8 so I am assuming they are of no interest to us.
I have secured 5 sets of 10" discs for Club use which should last a year or two.
I hope the blanks that Stuart bought were for the right disc :!:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Previous

Return to General Discussion