Viva Brake Discs.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Viva Brake Discs.

Postby ADRIAN » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 am

I have just had some disturbing news regarding the future supply of Viva brake discs (small OHV & large OHC) The big UK company that makes many brake discs for the trade, (this was where the Viva ones came from), has gone into liquidation. They manufactured & supplied all of other brake companies, motor factors including EBC brakes and Brake engineering. I have had email from the liquidators of the company, - they are selling off all the stocks, including the storage shelves, and all the machinery used to produce their discs. (closed bids by weekend) Premises then being sold for housing. So, unfortunately, - there will no longer be available Viva brake discs in the future.... Adrian
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: Viva Brake Discs.

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:46 pm

That's always sad to hear, but there is the option - albeit expensive - of maching from a solid billet, which is how I believe the Gryphon HPF discs were done a few years back. Not exactly the same, but the bit that's different is invisible once fitted.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby ADRIAN » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:29 pm

People have been messaging me, asking me for the company details so they can approach them to buy up the stocks of Viva discs. But, they dont have any Viva discs in stock, none, all gone, - and that is the point. We were all waiting for them to make another batch, but this now wont happen. Also, the company no longer exists as a company to approach, - its in the hands of liquidators.
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby ADRIAN » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:11 pm

A further update, - the company is actually "up for sale" as a going concern, rather than being liquidated , the sale being handled by a chartered valuer & auctioneer, - so there is still hope, fingers crossed that it continues if a buyer is found.
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby ADRIAN » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:22 pm

The inventory (thats the parts held in stock) is £275K - thats excluding Machinery, shelving, office, premises and a single car.
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby rizzo » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:04 pm

So what's the big secret Adrian who is the company?
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby ADRIAN » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:06 pm

No secret. They are a Trade only company, called DJA Auto - international LTD.
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby HC Fairley » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:29 pm

Any update on this Adrian?

How does the future supply of Viva brake discs now look?
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby ADRIAN » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:56 pm

Things have been happening in the background, all will be revealed in due course. I can tell you that all the stocks of 10" brake discs (Viva GT / Magnum / Firenza) have already been rescued, and all the unmachined blanks have been saved too, enough to keep us going for many years to come. Watch this space.....
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby 1972nail » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:45 pm

Sounds intriguing.

I'm guessing but if the 10 ones are secure then they could be machined down to 8" if needed, would that be correct?
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Next

Return to General Discussion