Replacement 12 gallon tanks

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Replacement 12 gallon tanks

Postby VampireTigger » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:28 am

Whilst working on my Firenza yesterday Paul Dickinson spotted and pointed out to me the fuel tank had a patch of liquid metal on it and it's weeping. I callled Bazz to suggest he consider re-manufacturing the fuel tanks and his response was he's beatne me to it and had one available.

It's seem welded aluminium and a direct replacement. You have to move the fitting brackets from your old tank to the new so not suitable for the car that does not already have a 12 gallon tank but I'll let you all know how I get on when we look into fitting it in the new year. He's also having four core aluminium radiatiors made for use on big engined cars such as Darth which with big valve head and uprated carbs tends to get hot in traffic. I'll be fitting that in the new year.
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Replacement 12 gallon tanks

Postby cooperman » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:11 pm

Interesting Adrian
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby edgoose1 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:57 pm

How much are they
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:09 pm

£400ish

That may sound a lot but sound originals are rare and these are made in very limited numbers. Think he’ll basically do them to order, I’ve managed to bag one he had ready for the Firenza he tracks
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to General Discussion