New Committtee

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

New Committtee

Postby Clara » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:15 pm

Everyone is complaining that something needs to be done, and you all seem to be agreed (but I might be wrong here) that the club can't continue as it is now.

SO

Who is going to stand for the committee?

Because if all you're going to do is sit around and moan I may be forced to take drastic measures and put super strength laxatives in your beer supply. :lol:

Positions in need of filling are:

Membership
Magazine Editor
Treasurer
Events
Publicity

And I'm sure there are others I can't think of right now.

So if you'd like to stand into the limelight for a second and announce your willingness we'd all be very welcome in supporting you.

*steps back for expected rush* :roll:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:46 pm

I may be new, but if there is anything that I can do, then all you have to do is say, I can not work due to my dissabalities, so would be glad to help in any way I can. Sho else will join me and stand up to be counted?

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby edgoose1 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:05 pm

Agreed Clara, i think we need Adrian to get back and as been said hold a meeting. You also need a constitution drafting as how these committee members will be selected and voted in.
carl
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

New Committee

Postby dann01 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:33 am

I wrote to Adrian putting myself forward for the committee post of Treasurer, but didn't hear anything. I also said that should someone better qualified come along I be more than happy to consider something else on the committee.

For my own part, I have no expectations of any kind of renumeration.

Have been reading recent developments, and while I won't pretent to know all the details of half the troubles, I hope that when the dust finally settles after the storms, a line can be drawn under all this to allow the club to carry on.

Danny Lawrence HC175
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Clara » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:52 am

Thanks guys. We just want to know who is willing to help rather than talk - it makes it much easier to know there are people out there who are able to support the club before we get our meeting (because it will happen even if we organise it ourselves)
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:29 pm

I have written to Adrian twice stating i would gladly do the publicity but never got a reply. Im free most week days from 3pm onwards and always have a mobile on 24/7 . Tried but failed
Your best bet is to have a get together AGM style at a central event of some kind. The Vauxhall spares day would be a start where people can meet for the first time (instead of over the net). Some may say its too soon but you could put the wheels in motion at least.
Pork Pie

Postby Edd_V6 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:56 pm

Clara.

This all sound good to me. But would Ex-members be allowed to attend this meeting to see if the club had sufficiently changed in the right direction for the ex-members to reconsider weather they should rejoin or not. They should not necessarily have a say in what went on but just attended and took not so to speak...

Edd

Ex HB60
Edd_V6
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:59 pm

more the merrier i would of thought
Pork Pie

Meeting invites

Postby pbottomley » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:08 pm

I would of thought the actions of the new comittee over a period of a few months would give ex members a better idea of how the club is performing ?

I think (and its a perosnal thought :!: :!: ) that attending a club meeeting as a non member would serve no purpose other than to hear words spoken, actions are always more important that words.

I am sure you understand that :?:

Paul,

sadly borred at his office desk again .
pbottomley

Postby Clara » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:10 pm

I feel the risk of allowing non members into a meeting like an AGM would be that they could cause discontent - how come I pay my £21 a year to belong to this club yet have all the same rights as he whose has just walked out of the garage.

At an AGM they are not going to see any dramatic changes, no sudden bursts of life, the meeting would be solely to allow members to discuss (like adults) the problems they feel the club is having, what they would like to see, and to elect a committee.

Once the talking has finished and the plans are being dragged kicking and screaming into action, when the club is starting to change, THEN is the time to invite ex members to see what is happening (maybe even rejoin :lol:)- either by a publicity campaign, or making ourselves known at events.

To allow non members into a meeting as important as this just would not be fair on the members, and without them we're nothing.

However, perhaps it would be possible to publish notes from the AGM so that non members would know the future plans of the club.

Clara.
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Next

Return to General Discussion