New Committtee

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

New Committtee

Postby Sid » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:27 pm

> strikes me as a bit naive really.

Then I'm happy to be so naive, as I'm in other free clubs *and* attend shows, and get discounts!

Obviously those clubs do rely on the work of unpaid "volunteers", but then so does the V.V.O.C.

Sid
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby flexbuttcheck1 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:47 pm

dont quote me on this but i think that vauxhall pay for the reprographics and printing of the magazine!
flexbuttcheck1
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: New Committtee

Postby kellyharding » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 pm

Sid wrote:> What about the show fees, what about club insurance?

I've entered plenty of shows both privately and as a member of *free* clubs, and never come across this "club insurance" thing, so
how come the VVOC has to pay this?
As for show fees, we pay those individually don't we? Again, I've been in plenty of shows where I wasn't affiliated to a club and I
only paid the same fee as I would normally on a club stand.

Your car insurance does not cover you on private property. So if you had a crash or had damage done to your car at a club event or the lie, you'd have to claim off the club's liability insurance.

Also if the club held a stand at a publicly accessable event (such as Billing), and someone hurt themselves on the stand or similar the club could be liable and get sued.This is what the insurance is for, to cover them in such situations! otherwise the club would cease to exist. I suspect most shows require clubs to have public liability insurance, at least the bigger shows likely do.

Kelly
Last edited by kellyharding on Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kellyharding

Postby kellyharding » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:21 pm

flexbuttcheck1 wrote:dont quote me on this but i think that vauxhall pay for the reprographics and printing of the magazine!

Yes as far as I know this is true, but they do not pay the postage and stationary costs.

Kelly
kellyharding

New Committtee

Postby pbottomley » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:22 pm

You are quoting correctly, BUT how does that magazine get to you?

The club pays for stationary, stamps, and all those loose fliers about last
minute items etc all have to be printed.

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
pbottomley

Postby Edd_V6 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:48 pm

There are many ways clubs can make money without membership fee's, and yes Vauxhall pay for the Magazine.

I am on the comittee of 2 other clubs and any profit we make goes to paying enterance fees to chosen events that members wish to attend. Its a way of saying thanks to our members.

Most shows have their own insurance and classic car owners attend covered by that insurance. Its only the organisers that need to be insured.

Edd
Edd_V6
SL Viva
SL Viva

Locking Topic

Postby pbottomley » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:49 pm

Now totally off subject of "Comittee wanted" now locking thread, feel free to start a new topic as you feel the need to.

Remeber to be constructive and not de-structive, if that doesnt float your boat then I suggest you find another forum.

Paul Bottomley
pbottomley

Postby pbottomley » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:13 pm

Right then who's been to see Adrain and now has a role? Need to get names and contacts up on the website ASAP

If not why not its been a month + since he got back from holidays and I for one think we still need to move quicker on the comitee than is presntly the pace!

Time is moving on people, and as always actions speak louder than words, we have all heard the words, so where are the actions? :?:
pbottomley

Postby dann01 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:37 pm

I spoke to Adrian about three weks ago, and he asked if I was still up for the role of Treasurer. I am, but will soon be ringing Adrian again to ask for the books and previous balance sheets.

Adrian, if you read this, it's high time we sorted this matter out. The year grows old.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby shamm » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:08 pm

And when I manage to catch him on the phone I will be seeing him about membership, sometime this month hopfully
Steve Hammond

Two 2.3 Viva's, one 2.3 Viva Estate, one 2.3 Magnum estate, half share in a 1.6 Viva auto, and no time (HC183)
shamm
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion