Billing drive in

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Billing drive in

Postby dann01 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:52 am

Anyone from the south interested in meeting on the Fri evening (7th July) say at South Mimms services (For choice) for the drive up to Billing. I gather there shall be a few of us arriving at Billing on the Friday, so it'll give us all achance to get set up.

Pete - don't forget katie - I am bringing two friends interested in meeting her, and one of them is a virgin.

Dave - Looks like we're gonna need some more monster steaks.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Clara » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:11 am

Lord someone is organised! :lol:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Billing drive in

Postby dann01 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:26 pm

Someone has to be. Besides, the forum wa looking a bit dry, so I thought why not see if there IS anyone from this end of the slab that's going.

Thank your lucky stars I'm not asking if there's anyone interested in joining me on a ten day drive around the coastline of Scotland. Now that HAS to be done... sometime.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Scotland

Postby pbottomley » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:32 am

The round scotland in a Viva sounds Fun in a painful sort of way..... Would be intrested if you can promise good weather 8)
pbottomley

Scotland

Postby dann01 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:29 pm

Good weather!... Where's your sense of adventure. I also figures a route around Wales, which I recon to be about a four or five day trip. Don't wanna do it for charity this time though, that adds too much pressure. (Will we - won't we make it syndrome)

It's just deciding when I can do it. Got a lot on this year. Kids moving house. a wedding. were moving house blah blah blah. Life just gets in the way while your making other plans.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Clara » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:18 pm

Let me know when you decide to do the Scotland and Wales trips! They sound fun!

Does any one have a tow truck I could use to get my vehicle round?! :lol:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Dont worry Dan, katie will be remembered, and the steaks. Trip round Scotland now that sounds fun. I think! :lol: Me and Dave should be there on the Friday.
Peter(HB87)
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby kellyharding » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:10 pm

So who is going to hire the petrol tanker for this Scotland trip? ;)

Kelly
kellyharding

Billing drive in - revised

Postby dann01 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:01 pm

Okay folks, a bit of a revision to the Billing drive in, and perhaps something to satisfy the wanderlust of a couple of you. My mate and I have discussed the idea of setting out for a drive someplace on the evening of 5th July. While that will give us an additional 2 days, it won’t be enough to drive all the way round Wales, (Or Scotland for that matter) so we should pick some place of interest and go. Then on the return on the Friday, go straight to Billing.

Anyone interested, and any suggestions?

With the Scotland trip, a fuel tanker will not be necessary. I shall simply have a work with a few lads I know at RAF Ketering and arrange in flight refueling. It might get messy for the surrounding countryside, but hey, needs must.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Return to General Discussion