Liz Here!(shock horror-am I considered an outsider???)

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Liz Here!(shock horror-am I considered an outsider???)

Postby lizzieviva » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:09 am

Firstly guys,I'm sad to see this Palaver. This is the first time due to having other interests and commitments other than Viva's(some of us do you know) I have been able to retrieve the digests sent since this site began. Thanks Paul for your work connected with the site. Sorry to see your posts Deon and Karl but I wish you well. Everyone has a view point -good luck with your venture!Just a shame Deon that after knowing you for years you didn't see fit, even though we have discussed club matters constantly over the years both at events and on the phone that you couldn't divulge your plans. Thought you were quiet after I text you about Enfield. Would be nice to receive a personal E mail from you... As it is I speak to Ady only perhaps once or twice a year away from events-tho receive info letters- and feel sad to be kept from the info on forming the new club I've finally seen on here'after 3 years of work' in forming it... (Did you think I'd grass???) As the longest current standing commitee member since the age of 18(now 34) I have until recently due to work commitments worked my *Bleep* off to organise the events. Due to band commitments, a new morning job and a lack of money to repair my viva oil rings due to having to resort for the 1st time ever to running a Eurobox alongside a Viva, I have not been able to attend or organise more shows in the last year. Needless to say,during that time NO ONE has contacted me in anyway asking for any show details or suggesting shows beneath or above the South divide. Therefore before reading the digest I was going to offer my post to Deon and take up another role on the commitee. (ps I HAVE NEVER BEEN PAID A WAGE OR OFFERED ONE,only stamp/stationery expenses, and neither has anyone else, just to set the record straight) I did the job through the love of the make,and see it as a pleasure rather than a Job. Adrian's resignation has been on the cards for the last 5 years since Sue has been threatened with redundancy-this year it will happen. I agree that rather than forming new branches of Viva Clubs we should work together to stabilise the long time future of the club. New blood is never a bad thing and can only hopefully drive us forward. (ps I too have all the Guy Turner letters from the first problem of the late 90's if anyone wishes to see them-I have no problem with that-tho only about 5 people seemed interested in a positive way at the time.)
As for what will happen with the dispersion of Viva Spares between club and business I do not know but will ring Ady now he is back and post anything of relevance.
To sum up-I see this as a new and challenging time for our club and until now of late I have received NO REPORTS in the last 16 YEARS of the club failing BIG STYLEE-unless I too am being fed false info. Latest I read there was an influx of people joining now. I know of only a handful of people who have put their complaints forward-if so many people have left why haven't I received notification of a prob-either Ady is hiding things in a file or nothing has been received.All Vauxhall clubs in our genre have had this prob in the last 10 + yrs.Think of a name it's had it.I work for a dancing school of 300 and there are normally 5 problem parents -due to payment probs.Luckily I have a music practise of 50 and have no prob parents-work your own ratios.
Thanks for reading-good luck to those who persue their own activities-I have no qualms apart from wish there was honesty on your part to me :? .Would appreciate a personal reply-post too if feel fit on here.
Answers on a postcard please!Love Liz x
lizzieviva
SL Viva
SL Viva

Who are you?

Postby pbottomley » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:22 am

Well this site has been up and running since June last year, and this is the first time you have "logged in "! :shock: Sounds like you not got any time to do events Liz? Maybe handing it over to someone with more time on their hands is a good idea. :D

I am not sure "taking another post" is a good idea. The club need people that can spare time, something you seem very short of? Forgive me if that sounds blunt, but we need people that can Pro-actively go out and advertise the events, book the events, and get the message through. If you were to do another comitee post, again you need to spend quality time activly helping.

I also think this is a time of change, and maybe new blood (or indeed old blood previously ignored) in the committee is the right way forward. I have only been in the club 2 years and in that time I have become somewhat amazed that things are allowed to continue unchecked.

Take for example Billing 2004, we won best stand, due to the hard work of Deon and others, last year 2005 we had the worst stand, because no-one organised anything!

What happened to our chance of driving our cars around the arena?
Who decided what car was to be presented as the best car on our stand?
Why didn’t any of the club committee come round and said hello to anyone?
Why did we have other makes of cars on the pitch?
why did so many club people camp on the pitch?

Its down to miss-organisation. It’s just a small example of how the club isn’t doing the best it can.

I think the club committee needs to grasp the opportunity in front of it and make the VVOC into what it can be the best VBOA club, the club that is open, fair, transparent, cheap and welcoming.

I propose that the CLUB members that have stood forward are given space in the next magazine to say what they are going to do for the club, and as a group how that committee is going to run the club. I also propose that the club constitution is re printed and sent to each member. My last proposal is that we now have an AGM in order to formally accept these members as the club committee, with the constitution as its mandate.

I think that this is the hottest coal in the fire and if necessary we should ask the VBOA to chair said meeting to ensure fairness.

Comments welcome, private or otherwise.

PS Liz... Deons not on the yahoo group or this forum, he asked me to ban him, so he was. So you will have to email him privatly if you want to address him
pbottomley

Committee/Billing

Postby dann01 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:58 pm

Clearly you have thoughts on the future of the club, Paul, and frankly the club could use your kind of committment and drive, and forthrightness so wondering if you have put yourself up for a post on the new committee. If not. In my opinion, you should.

I will not pretend to know the answers to some of the qustions you raised on the 2005 Billing stand, but as one of the guilty parties for camping on the club stand, I will say that I did so because I could. Having arrived on the Friday night, I didn't want to park miles away from where I was to park the following day.

By the way, I am a convert to this forum. You ave done an excelent job.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby pbottomley » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:50 pm

Dann, thanks for that....

First: Having read what I wrote earlier, I wonder if people thought I was having a go at Liz, far from it. Liz as she says has done many a year of events, and all in her time, for the love of it. What I was eluding too, was the love and the effort over the last few years doesnt seem to of lead to much in terms of results. Its an issue of Time, no more no less. Liz I assuem like me has prioritised her time, and like myself HOME FAMILY and CAREERS come first, the Club comes next.

I spend around 10 - 15 hours a week on the web site, and am quiet happy to do so, and luckly I have that sort of time to do it. I have thought hard about offering my Time more to the club, but three things hold me back.

1/. The site might suffer, spending time doing other tasks might pull me away from the site.

2/. Others have expressed intrests in the roles that would suit my skills.

3/. My Partner Kelly says I do too much for the club as it is. :?
pbottomley

Postby shamm » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:41 pm

I for one would far rather you continue to spend those hours maintaining what is an outstanding site. Diluting your time between other club commitments would only be nessesary if no-one else steps up to fill the other roles.
Keep up the good work and listen to Kelly!

Steve.
Steve Hammond

Two 2.3 Viva's, one 2.3 Viva Estate, one 2.3 Magnum estate, half share in a 1.6 Viva auto, and no time (HC183)
shamm
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Cheers Paul

Postby lizzieviva » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:46 pm

Cheers Paul for your 2 posts.The first I knew of the change to the website was the Jan newsletter.I was still receiving digests on my old aol account from what I assumed was still the correct site ,so the fact it's been up and running since June is news to me!
I would be more than happy to 'pass the buck' so to speak-PLEASE COME FORWARD AND HAVE A GO!Even if you decide it's more than you thought guys at least you unlike others will have given something.What I meant as regards to taking another role could be anything however small which ties in with my new commitments.Even if it's stuffing envelopes!I could not commit to attend numerous events anymore as band festivals clash regularly.Also having no running viva meant attending in the Eurobox.This I felt was not in the best interests of the club.Having now been in contact with Adrian he has mentioned that Clara is keen to have a go.Go Girl!
Having found time to read more posts it seems there's alot of members with opinions on how to move forward...step up and take the helm guys!
Adrian has suggested a possible meeting with anyone who proposes to stand to discuss posts and the way forward.An AGM for elections can then take place.
Oh yeah-sorry to harp on but we held a full committee meeting a few years back to discuss Guy Turners viewpoints with him.We all turned up apart from Guy who just sent another of his letters :?
Happy viva-ing Liz x
lizzieviva
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:18 pm

What`s happened to the "full committie" since the Guy Turner meeting?
Pork Pie

Its not spots fault.

Postby Edd_V6 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:08 pm

Liz

Guy Turner pleaded guilty by post and was condemned to a life outside the Viva Owners Club rather than face the kangaroo Jury.
He did not see anything wrong with asking, where the club money was going, where the club spares had disappeared too and why there was a one man committee.
He has served his time now and is a reformed man so now just leave him out of your arguments and let him play alone in his shed with his viva’s.
Your arguments should be with Mr Miller not Mr Turner.

Edd
Edd_V6
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Cheers Paul

Postby Clara » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:12 am

lizzieviva wrote:...Having now been in contact with Adrian he has mentioned that Clara is keen to have a go.Go Girl!... Happy viva-ing Liz x

I was indeed, however at the moment it appears I have taken the role of regalia unless anyone else wants it! :)
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lizzieviva » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:38 pm

Good for you Clara.As for a full commitee-yes well Karl took over Regalia from Leone after she became ill and Deon took on the official post of Northern rep in the last 2 years.Both obviously planning the Viva Drivers club at the time so maybe a joint resignation was part of the master plan all along to make it look like we're falling apart?
PS-I expected you to put in your 2 penneth Ed :wink: Subject shut in the shed with Mr Turner :D
lizzieviva
SL Viva
SL Viva

Next

Return to General Discussion