Thank you all for your good wishes.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Thank you all for your good wishes.

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:40 pm

I would like to thank you all for your support and also for the kind wishes that I have recieved since asking Tinkerman to let you know of my current possition.

My heart attack was as a result of blood problems that I suffer from, though it was still unexpected. I had the attack on the side of the road, whilst riding my bi-cycle home during the early hours of 27th March. I was brought back by electric shock 17 times by the ambulance crew, and a further 2 at the hospital. I had what is called stents placed inside my heart. My chest was not cut open, instead a tube was inserted into my groin and threaded through my body to my heart, I was awake and watching this proceedure throughout, on a big TV screen.

I am weak and tired, but pleased to still be here. It will be a few months before I am fit, but I should make a full recouvery within a year.

The Hb Estate that I was to collect from Devon, is indeed for sale on ebay, as I have no means of collecting it at the moment, so it looks like I am going to miss out on another one. If I could collect it I would without a doubt, as that is my dream car.

I have been told by the doctors to stop playing with my cars for six weeks only, so as long as I feel o.k. then, I will be back at it.

I can not reply to posts often at the moment, but I am constantly monitoring the sites all the time, so please keep posting, as it realy helps to occupy my time and relieves the boredem.

Thanks again,

Ian
AUTOMAN
AUTOMAN

Postby Geeza » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:57 pm

Good to see you back Ian :D
Geeza
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Clara » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:30 pm

Ewwwww!! Sorry I can be very squemish at times.

Glad to see that you are the right way round.

Now DO WHAT THE DOCTORS SAY!! Eat grapes and do crosswords and such :lol: and GET BETTERER SOON!!!

We want you fit and well for Billing - just no putting us to shame with the forward rolls :)
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby mazzo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:28 pm

Glad you are on the mend.

All the best.

Maz
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1971 Green 2 door HC Base model
1978 Red 4 door Viva E from new
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Your HB Eastate

Postby dann01 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:05 pm

This dream car of yours Ian. Shame to think you may miss out cos you can't collect it. Is it yours, or are you still to bid on it?

Cos heres the thing, you win it, you buy it, I'll find a way to collect it and get it to you. Further, I am sure there is somone out there who wouldn't mind a day trip to Devon.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby doss » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:55 am

lets get this car home for the man please !!! whos in ???? i am
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Clara » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:40 am

Just as long as he promises NOT to play with it til the doctors say he can.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:00 pm

Get well soon, I'll help get the HB, bit of a distance but what the hell. I know whats its like to want a HB estate!!
Peter(HB87)
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:23 pm

Once again may I thank you all for your offers of support and help. Just to let you know that the car is being collectee for me tommorrow/monday and should be with me by tea-time. It requires extensive rebuilding, so will probably take a while to get back on the road. In the mean time, I am still looking for any hb estates or parts for one. If anybody wants to use my hc estate to attend shows for the moment, please get in touch, as I can't use it for a while, and don't want it to rot, I would much prefer it to be used than just sat here, as I am not even allowed to undertake simple maintainence. This is a genuine offer to either loan or buy my car, as it must be used.

Long live the Viva and Long live us all as well.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Return to General Discussion