I may be stupid but..........

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

I may be stupid but..........

Postby AUTOMAN » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:15 pm

This may sound stupid to those of you that really know your cars, but on ebay at the moment there is a 1966 viva SL90 for sale. I am confused because it is listed as a coupe, but after looking through the brochures, I can't find any pictures of one of these and the ebay listing does not show any either.

I don't know if such a car is in existance, or whether it is a listing mistake by the seller, meaning the car could be a salloon or estate. I am not registered with ebay, so can't ask the seller for pics, so please could somebody on here put me right please? If it is an estate, then I want it and will register with ebay, but if it's not then I will hold off a little longer, as I know that as soon as I do register, all my money will go on viva's and parts.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby lambaj » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:22 pm

All I can guess, if it is a coupe, then they have the wrong year...... 1966 was the change over year from the HA to the HB. Neither model had a coupe in the line up.....
Maybe a photo ?? Whats the listing number ? I'm intrigued !

Tony (HA21)
"Ere look - thats one of them Mk2 Vauxhall Cortinas....!!"
lambaj
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

ill take a look

Postby viva boy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:25 pm

hi there automan
just read your post and will have a look for you now on ebay and try and get some photos sent to me .
i see the viva 4 sale and thought the person may have called it a coupe as it is a 2dr like some do on the e30 bmw 2dr :?
Vivas seem to be highly addictive,
got an Estate
Now have a Coupe
now on the lookout for a Saloon
viva boy
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby viva boy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:48 pm

tony number is 4633381945
Vivas seem to be highly addictive,
got an Estate
Now have a Coupe
now on the lookout for a Saloon
viva boy
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:42 pm

I thought the same as you both, that maybe it was either an ha or hb, but I also thought that as vauxhall advertised the estate as the sporting viva, then the seller may have thought it was a coupe and not an estate, as the brochure describes the estate as the fastback.

Thank you both for your help anyway, I would be interested to find out the answer.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby lisbon_road » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:55 pm

There were no HB estates in 1966 anyway, or 4 door saloons. Perhaps a two door saloon, (s)he seems not too certain about the car anyway so could be confused. My first post on here! Jon
lisbon_road
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby lisbon_road » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:03 pm

Some pictures up now and it is most certainly a white 1966 D reg HA Viva saloon. It has the black side bands and so on. The pictures are good but leave much to the imagination.
lisbon_road
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:10 pm

He is a picture of said car for those that want to see it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4633381945
pbottomley

Postby AUTOMAN » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:19 pm

Thank you all for your help, at least I now know that I was not going mad and my frustration can now end. Pity that it was not an early hb estate though as I still want to find as many of these as I can and own quite a few.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Return to General Discussion