Motortrike

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Motortrike

Postby Clara » Thu May 18, 2006 11:33 am

Ok this isn't exactly a viva related post but I'm sure I could stick a vauxhall badge on the front of the trike somewhere.

Does anyone know of good solid reputable companies that make custom exhaust systems?

Only my boyfriend has a rather powerful trike, and I can't go on it until the exhaust is replaced (I've already had to buy an engine for it). Boo!!! :( :(

Thank you. :)
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Motortrike

Postby Sid » Thu May 18, 2006 12:42 pm

Try this chap (if the link still exists, I got it from an old email from a mate who used him. Really good work)

stores.ebay.co.uk/Track-and-Race-Products-Limited

He does custom made stuff as well, which isn't mentioned on ebay.

Sid
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Edd_V6 » Thu May 18, 2006 6:39 pm

A company called Custom Chrome do very good exhausts. I faxed them a sketch of an exhaust i wanted for my V6 HB with all the angles worked out then drove there to collect it 5 days later. We assembled it on the shop floor and they did a few tweeks to get it just right. Its was a perfect fit and all less that £100 for the complete system.

Edd

www.customchrome.com
Edd_V6
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Edd_V6 » Thu May 18, 2006 6:57 pm

Sorry Wrong link...

www.custom-chrome.co.uk

Edd
Edd_V6
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby dann01 » Thu May 18, 2006 9:26 pm

Who says this isnt Viva related?..

We could soon change that Clara. Take your Ha. Take one chain saw, chop the rear end off, mount it on the back of the trike and there you have it... Cool!

Anyone want Ha spares. Front end only.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Clara » Thu May 18, 2006 9:36 pm

dann01 wrote:Who says this isnt Viva related?..

We could soon change that Clara. Take your Ha. Take one chain saw, chop the rear end off, mount it on the back of the trike and there you have it... Cool!

Anyone want Ha spares. Front end only.

I don't think the HA rear end would keep up with the front end of the bike. The drivers tend to chicken out past 160mph. Soapbox has never made it past 90mph. The poor back end would rattle to bits!
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby dann01 » Fri May 19, 2006 1:20 am

Your soapbox will do 90mph... I am impressed. Did it go back in time when you reached 85? Did you need a lighting strike to get back? Where do you keep your flux capacitor?

Still say a viva contrived rear ended trike would look good... How about an estate HB or HC?
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Clara » Fri May 19, 2006 9:52 am

dann01 wrote:Your soapbox will do 90mph... I am impressed. Did it go back in time when you reached 85? Did you need a lighting strike to get back? Where do you keep your flux capacitor?

It only did 90mph once. Shortly before the engine stopped working for some reason :roll:

It didn't go back in time, at least not that I would have noticed because I was too busy trying to keep her in a straight line as she bounced down the road. *Makes mental note to sort the suspension*.
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to General Discussion