Another nice drive

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Another nice drive

Postby doss » Thu May 18, 2006 9:51 pm

Had a nice little first run in the car I bought yesterday. " nothing like a good test drive "I flew to Southhampton and drove home to Fort William. Bad side of 550 miles :P :P I am glad I liked the car as I really wasnt looking forward to flying home :lol:
I am starting to wonder if it will ever be possible for me to do things the easy way. :D Anyway its a fully restored HPF and I will be posting pics in the garage section as soon as the rain stops long enough.
:roll: :wink:
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Geeza » Fri May 19, 2006 7:35 pm

Thats one hell of a drive mate :shock: Really pleased to hear that you finally got your dream car :D Can't wait to see the pics.
All the best Sean.
Geeza
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Fri May 19, 2006 8:38 pm

Blimey Doss, you do like those long drives!!! Mind you worth it i hope... So how did it go over Rannock moor this time?
pbottomley

Postby doss » Fri May 19, 2006 8:50 pm

Lets just say it was a slightly quicker process 8) . Pics in Garage now
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby jeff66 » Fri May 26, 2006 7:08 pm

Nice one doss.... You should've called in on your way up! Could of taken the pair of em out!
What the hell is that?
jeff66
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby doss » Fri May 26, 2006 8:43 pm

Ineed :) would have been nice, it was probably the middle of the night when I was passing through though. 8)
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Another nice drive

Postby jgwilliamson » Sat May 27, 2006 7:25 pm

doss wrote:Had a nice little first run in the car I bought yesterday. " nothing like a good test drive "I flew to Southhampton and drove home to Fort William. Bad side of 550 miles :P :P I am glad I liked the car as I really wasnt looking forward to flying home :lol:
I am starting to wonder if it will ever be possible for me to do things the easy way. :D Anyway its a fully restored HPF and I will be posting pics in the garage section as soon as the rain stops long enough.
:roll: :wink:

Hey doss...bet you enjoyed it tho!

I got my 1977 GLS from a fellow member, Adam Clarbull in Exeter back in 1997, and drove her all the way home to near Aberdeen - 606 miles door to door.

In spite of the GLS having been off the road for 18 months or so, she never missed a beat. I had glorious April sunshine from start to finish, and the whole trip took only 10 hours, which included a 50 minute delay at Wolverhampton due to an accident (not mine of course ;-) ).

The only downside was I had to drive her home without a tax disc. I got to within 5 miles of my house and had to pass the village nick at Peterculter. Now usually there's *never* any of the buggers there, but this time there they were, sitting in their car at the entrance to the nick as I went sailing past with a guiness label where the tax disc should be :shock:

Anyhoo....for some reason they never noticed and I made it home safe and sound!

What a great day! :D :D :D

Great to hear you've augmented the stock of classic Vauxhall's in Scotland. Any plans to take her to some shows this year? It would be great to meet up see the HPF in the flesh!

Orabest

John
jgwilliamson
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby doss » Sat May 27, 2006 10:49 pm

Hi John
I got my HPF resto from Aberdeen and I also know there is another really nice HPF up there anol. Good to hear from you and I am hoping to get to some shows as soon as I can. Busy at work at the mo so time aff is a bit scarce however. I believe there is a classic show in Fraserburgh 4th June that would be nice to go to, heres hoping 8)
Cheers
Donald
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sat May 27, 2006 11:03 pm

I used to goto a show at a place called Mellerstain, Mellersteen Hall?? Does it still exist?
Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

4th of June at the Broch!

Postby jgwilliamson » Sun May 28, 2006 1:10 am

doss wrote:Hi John
I got my HPF resto from Aberdeen and I also know there is another really nice HPF up there anol. Good to hear from you and I am hoping to get to some shows as soon as I can. Busy at work at the mo so time aff is a bit scarce however. I believe there is a classic show in Fraserburgh 4th June that would be nice to go to, heres hoping 8)
Cheers
Donald

Hey Donald....The Broch (Fraserburgh) is my home town, and I'll be there with the GLS!.....

Lte me know if you're going and we can meet up! (Though it won't be hard to spot an HPF!)

Cheers

John
jgwilliamson
SL Viva
SL Viva

Next

Return to General Discussion