A pat on the back to the people that need it

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

A pat on the back to the people that need it

Postby Pork Pie » Fri May 19, 2006 7:16 pm

So nearly a year on from Billing 2005 and what a change the Viva motoring people have seen. From last years camp fire talk (fuelled by beer) we are all still here.

After a lot of talk and a lot of pushing Paul B has come up with what many now think as a top site for all Viva people (remember the yahoo site no one wanted to leave it) he`s taken the Viva on the internet to a new level, being an open site it allows all to have a nose round and see what`s what
A new Viva club (not a rival) has been set up "the Viva drivers club" and the break away (after a nervy start) has been handled in a professional manner by both sides. Good luck to all three, i say. It gives eveyone a choice.

Talk is now open on a committee for the Viva owners club and im sure they`ll get it sorted soon.

So to this years Billing, if it can top last years well that`s for all to think about. One thing is a must, we all must keep going forward with open minds. It`s coming and coming soon so lets all look forward to something to enjoy. Many on this site and others dont get to see each other from one Billing to the next and we can all hide behind our computers. For one big weekend of the year we will all drive the same make of car, so dont turn your back on another Viva.

It`s just nice to look back. So now for many you have got what you wanted, take it forward from here. The last few months on this forum have been nothing but positive which is great for all.
Pork Pie

Re: A pat on the back to the people that need it

Postby Clara » Fri May 19, 2006 7:44 pm

tinkerman wrote:so dont turn your back on another Viva.

Especially if it's mine and it's broken down somewhere! :lol:

Well said Tinkerman!
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Fri May 19, 2006 8:33 pm

Details of some new committee members are in the new magazine, which should be around 1 - 2 weeks away (so i am told by Adrian)

the process has started

On a slightly separate issue, the Club has requested some volunteers to help out at Billing. Nothing hard, just one person to puts signs up, one person to park HA's one to Park HB's etc .... split up the rolls so its hardly an issue to anyone. Anyone keen should drop an email to ADRIAN .
pbottomley

Postby Edd_V6 » Fri May 19, 2006 9:17 pm

Tinkerman wrote.

"A new Viva club (not a rival) has been set up "the Viva drivers club" and the break away (after a nervy start) has been handled in a professional manner by both sides. Good luck to all three, i say. It gives eveyone a choice."

This should read

A new Viva club (not a rival) has been set up "the Viva drivers club" and the break away (after a nervy start) has been handled in a professional manner by one side. The other side has been stabbing them in the back, as usuall with him its "behind the scenes".

Miller deserves no credit whatsoever for what he is trying to do.

Edd
Edd_V6
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Fri May 19, 2006 10:06 pm

Im only saying the clubs havent brought thier dirty laundry out onto the forums (thankfully). What goes on behind the closed doors is up to whoever. So in that respect its been nice.
Pork Pie

Postby MattHC1600SL » Sat May 20, 2006 2:08 pm

Tinkerman wrote.

"A new Viva club (not a rival) has been set up "the Viva drivers club" and the break away (after a nervy start) has been handled in a professional manner by both sides. Good luck to all three, i say. It gives eveyone a choice."

This should read

A new Viva club (not a rival) has been set up "the Viva drivers club" and the break away (after a nervy start) has been handled in a professional manner by one side. The other side has been stabbing them in the back, as usuall with him its "behind the scenes".

Miller deserves no credit whatsoever for what he is trying to do.

Edd

Is this the same Viva Driver's Club that has been threatening and slagging Adrian off constantly on their forum? (Which I am NOT signed up to, anyone can log on and read their posts) Hmmm - Very professional. What a shame that as usual someone has to drag this forum down to the level of personal comments again. Perhaps this forum should be restricted to Viva Club Members only, seeing as how certain people can't be trusted to stick to the rules and use this forum for its intended purpose. Matt.
Vauxhall Viva HC 1600 OHC SL TDL 533J
Honey Starmist / Black Vinyl Roof
MattHC1600SL
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sat May 20, 2006 2:57 pm

Perhaps this forum should be restricted to Viva Club Members only, seeing as how certain people can't be trusted to stick to the rules and use this forum for its intended purpose. Matt.

No way I am planning any restrictions this forum, unless of course you act like a complete Pratt.

Views from all forum members are welcome, and always have been. Just keep it clean, proatcive and useful.

:)
pbottomley

Postby Pork Pie » Sat May 20, 2006 4:09 pm

I`ve not posted this up on here to start something, everyone has their own views.
Im not really into all the *Bleep* that seems to be flying around. This was the main reason why i posted this on here. We all drive the same sodding make of cars so why ruin Billing when most of us get together, drink and me merry, then drink some more and fall asleep somewhere.
No one should be caught in the middle of a stand off. From the forum it seems that the drivers club also has none members on there posting stuff, as too has this forum. A no win situation.
Go to Billing enjoy, have fun and make new friends, get sun burnt, be sick and then drink some more.
Pork Pie

Postby edgoose1 » Sat May 20, 2006 6:53 pm

Thats the Spirit Paul, well said. Oh, and after the drinking get your leg over .....
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Clara » Sat May 20, 2006 7:27 pm

edgoose1 wrote:Thats the Spirit Paul, well said. Oh, and after the drinking get your leg over .....

Leg over your drink? :?
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Next

Return to General Discussion