A pat on the back to the people that need it

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Postby doss » Sat May 20, 2006 8:55 pm

Yup well said that chap "my sentiments exactly", if i can get the time off to go then rest assured i,ll bring a boot load of beer-food and a leg or two to throw over. 8)

:P :P :P 8) 8) :D
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Edd_V6 » Mon May 22, 2006 3:43 pm

Matt Wrote...

"Is this the same Viva Driver's Club that has been threatening and slagging Adrian off constantly on their forum? (Which I am NOT signed up to, anyone can log on and read their posts) Hmmm - Very professional".

Yes but the strange thing is the people who are writing it are members of the Viva Owners Club not the Viva Drivers Club. (Mr Miller also forgot to tell the VBOA the correct reasons behind the comments too ) -Hmmm Very professional

Surely it would have been better for both clubs if Mr Miller had “not” gone off to the VBOA moaning in an a desperate effort to stop the Viva Drivers Club from attending Billing.

Surely he could have given Carl and Deon some support after all the effort they had put into His club over the years. But then again If its a business then they would be considered rivals.

Edd
Edd_V6
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm

Surely it would have been better for both clubs if Mr Miller had “not” gone off to the VBOA moaning in an a desperate effort to stop the Viva Drivers Club from attending Billing.

Whatever the truth, and the truth will come out in the end. (you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but not all of the people all of the time). :roll: Why stop the VDC from attending Billing? its a proper club, for Vivas, that promote ownership of the Viva range?

Anyway all that said... Lets just follow Paul's sentements when he started this thread. about how we should celebrate the Viva range and its pationate owners at Billing with Beer, Burgers and fun. :D :D :D :D :D

"One can only attempt to create one's own reality for so long. Reality proper has a way of insisting itself upon you." Al Gore 2006
pbottomley

Postby jgwilliamson » Mon May 29, 2006 7:53 am

Edd_V6 wrote:Tinkerman wrote.

"A new Viva club (not a rival) has been set up "the Viva drivers club" and the break away (after a nervy start) has been handled in a professional manner by both sides. Good luck to all three, i say. It gives eveyone a choice."

This should read

A new Viva club (not a rival) has been set up "the Viva drivers club" and the break away (after a nervy start) has been handled in a professional manner by one side. The other side has been stabbing them in the back, as usuall with him its "behind the scenes".

Miller deserves no credit whatsoever for what he is trying to do.

Edd

And you deserve no credit whatsoever for comments like the last one. Take the snide back-biting sh*t this elsewhere.
jgwilliamson
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby jgwilliamson » Mon May 29, 2006 7:59 am

MattHC1600SL wrote:Tinkerman wrote.

"A new Viva club (not a rival) has been set up "the Viva drivers club" and the break away (after a nervy start) has been handled in a professional manner by both sides. Good luck to all three, i say. It gives eveyone a choice."

This should read

A new Viva club (not a rival) has been set up "the Viva drivers club" and the break away (after a nervy start) has been handled in a professional manner by one side. The other side has been stabbing them in the back, as usuall with him its "behind the scenes".

Miller deserves no credit whatsoever for what he is trying to do.

Edd

Is this the same Viva Driver's Club that has been threatening and slagging Adrian off constantly on their forum? (Which I am NOT signed up to, anyone can log on and read their posts) Hmmm - Very professional. What a shame that as usual someone has to drag this forum down to the level of personal comments again. Perhaps this forum should be restricted to Viva Club Members only, seeing as how certain people can't be trusted to stick to the rules and use this forum for its intended purpose. Matt.

I agree Matt. IMO this forum should be for VVOC club members only. The yahoo one (or similar) can be left for public access.

I'd like to know just how many potential VVOC members have been put off when they see/read some of the back-biting that has gone on here - often made by non-members (or maybe that's the real point of their "contributions" in the first place).

Regards

John
jgwilliamson
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon May 29, 2006 11:06 am

I'd like to know just how many potential VVOC members have been put off when they see/read some of the back-biting that has gone on here - often made by non-members (or maybe that's the real point of their "contributions" in the first place).

John, your out of order. You have directly accused "non members" of back-biting and by default become the very thing you accuse non-members of being.

Most of the really positive and helpful comments on this forum have come from people who might become members, many times I have found the answer to my issues from "these" people.

Yes there has been some, disagreements, "welcome to the world!".

As I have said before I will not restrict membership to this forum, there is no point arguing about it, just accept it and get on with your vivas.

John feel free to ban people you don't like on the Yahoo foum, then claim that as a member only zone. Enjoy!

Expect some changes here very soon for the benefit of all Viva Owners
pbottomley

Postby MattHC1600SL » Mon May 29, 2006 1:02 pm

Im with John on this - whats the point of having a forum on the Viva Owners Club site if anyone can use it? Anyone who is not a member of the club should not be allowed an opinion on how it is run - surely thats just common sense? If you want an opinion then JOIN - if not take your comments elsewhere. It even says on the first page of the forum no slagging people off etc and yet people like EddV6 get away with it. This forum should be for members only then maybe we could talk about VIVAS without certain people ruining it by trying to stir up trouble.
Vauxhall Viva HC 1600 OHC SL TDL 533J
Honey Starmist / Black Vinyl Roof
MattHC1600SL
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon May 29, 2006 1:23 pm

what part of:

"I am not going to make this a private members forum don't you understand?"

Get over it get on playing with your cars. Come the committee meeting you can all tell me to get lost till then its open to all. Subject closed

:roll: :roll:
pbottomley

Postby MattHC1600SL » Mon May 29, 2006 1:29 pm

Paul, sorry mate Im really not trying to upset you. Why do you think anyone would want to tell you to get lost? You do a great job but I just don't understand why you let people get away with causing trouble on here.
Vauxhall Viva HC 1600 OHC SL TDL 533J
Honey Starmist / Black Vinyl Roof
MattHC1600SL
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Chevetter » Mon May 29, 2006 1:54 pm

I don't wish to create any waves by wading into a debate that is arguably none of my business but may I offer an opinion?

It seems to me that it would be a bad idea to make this forum 'members only'. Why? Because that would only serve to alienate any potential club members that might like to join up here and discuss viva ownership. It would also alienate people like me which would actually be doing you all a dis-service. I have no intention of joining your club until such time as I own a Viva and yet, in another thread 'Doss' wanted some exhaust manifold gaskets and, although it turned out that mine were the wrong sort, I would have been happy to sell him a couple (for the price which I paid) simply to help out a fellow classic Vauxhall owner and I'm sure there are many other 'non-member' forum users out there that would do the same.

With the regard to the issue of discussing club business on a public forum, may I tentatively suggest that a 'Members area', for viva club members only, is created for this express purpose. So long as the chat in that area is restircted to club business and that any other viva discussion is carried out in the public areas then this might provide a solution to your problem of 'slagging off'.

Finally, I think that those people who have lowered themselves to the level of 'slagging off' have made themselves look pretty silly anyway so there's no real need for Mr Bottomley to ban them - although I'm sure he would do if it was necessary. I also think that you should all give him a slap on the back next time you see him because from what I've seen of this forum he does a bang-up job!
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion