SOAP OPERA

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:42 am

Why do poeple only read what they think I am saying and not what I actually said. Anything that I have said on the forum, I have said to Adrian either by e-mail or on the telephone.

I stated in my previous posts that I didn't want to start a fight. My refferences to legal advice is a general point and not a threat, so please don't take my words out of context. For clarification, I meant that we all have a joint responsorbility regarding the running of the club. This is a point that Adrian encourages as he has announced his intention to step down.

My main point is not an attack upon Adrian and I appologise to Adrian personally if he is lead to believe that it is. No bat feeling exists on my part towards Adrian and I would be only to happy to meet with him for a drink anytime. ADRIAN I AM SORRY IF YOU BELIEVE THAT MY POSTS ARE IN ANY WAY AN ATTACK UPON YOU PERSONALY.

I AM SORRY IF I HAVE CAUSED YOU ANY OFFENCE AS NOT A WORD THAT I HAVE TYPED WAS MEANT IN THAT WAY.

My aim was and is to get the evolution process started for the intersts of the club. I urge everyone to get behind Adrian and any new committee to allow this process to start. I don't want however their to be any mistakes or missunderstandings that could arrise from my posts to start a witch hunt, that is not what was meant.

I only want to give all members the chance to be heard, and I believed that I had stated this fact clearly on the forum, a point that I have again brought to Adrian's attention privately.

Just for the reccord, I would also like to thank Adrian publicaly for running the club, I don't care and was not arround to know what happened in the past, thats over and done. I am intending in no way to argue with Adrian, but do believe that if we as a club procrastinate further, then the changes that everyone that has spoken to me want will never happen. Remember that Adrian has expressed a wish for these changes as well.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:17 am

"Procrastination is best left for another day"<<<<< Puts a lighter light on the thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Serious comments are being formulated, could be some time as work is getting in the way of real life right now..... :(

One thing I will say I persoanlly believe Ian wears his heart on his chest and says as he sees, he is very pationate abouts Vivas and has proven that. I have and still will support his nomination for comitee.

HAVE a good day people :D
pbottomley

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:22 am

Thank you Paul,

I want to make it clear that I will wear my heart anywhere as long as the bu**er keeps on going.

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby Pork Pie » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:04 pm

Ian you are a viva nut through and through.
We all come from different backgrounds but come together under one sun (or rain soaked field)
As you and Paul B have found, to get something up and running is rather jolly hard, many say, but so few do!
To get your club round one table at one time for so many (the elected few) is and would be a feet in itself. I do feel for you after putting 110% of hard effort and enthusiasm into your worthy cause that so few could act upon it (not slating anyone) but at the end of it all it is down to Joe bloggs who will put in as much effort as he wants.
Many sit and watch, and want entertainment as well!
Time may not be on the side of the do`er but it only drags for those that dont do , so it would be nice to hit the happy medium.
Pork Pie

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:43 pm

I will push and push and push some more to obtain results that make people happy. If I am wrong, prove it to me and I will be big enough to hold my hands up high and appologise to whoever or whatever I have done wrong to. I have principals and beliefs and will not wait arround to ask somebody to do something that I am not prepared to do myself as that would not be fare. I understand that some will watch and wait, as well as those that follow. I AM NOT A SHEEP, I AM HOWEVER A PERSON THAT WANTS ACTION. Stand up the people who have expressed oppinions similar to my own, as no change can happen untill we persuade the powers that be, that this is the right course of action. No fighting, just reasoned arguement, no mallace, nor personal insult is called for, though the voice of the many that speak privately, now need to speak out loud to be heard. I've got the balls, but how many others have?

I have been in contat with Adrian today, so please don't think that I am seeking a personal fight, it is however that I believe my points are valid and also know that I am not on my own.
Ian,
Automan.
AUTOMAN

SOAP OPERA

Postby ADRIAN » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:34 am

Hi Ian,
I am sitting here working on the next club magazine which is LATE.

Can you write out a feature on the completion of the Drive For independence similar to the one you sent to the classic mag.? Need it quick, with as many pictures as possible. Mike Stanley will also be doing this regarding his own adventures / involvement, so should make for a good feature, but I need them sent to me!!!!

Speak to you very soon,
Adrian
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:35 pm

This will be with you this evening.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Previous

Return to General Discussion