first viva.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

first viva.

Postby 1969vivasl » Wed May 31, 2006 9:03 pm

Hello to everyone out there! I've been in the club for over a year now, but this is my first post here. I am in N.Ireland, are there many other members over here? Restoring a 1969 HB 2 door SL at the moment, which is going to take some time as i seem to find more rust the more work i do! No rush though so can spend a few hours on it evenings and weekends. Might even take some pics to prove how bad it is! Definately in need of a few panels from the club. Excellent site, keep up the good work.
1969vivasl
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby lisbon_road » Wed May 31, 2006 9:23 pm

Good luck with your restoration. We'd all be really pleased to hear about it and see some pictures. I restored my 1967 2 door about 6 years ago. It has been off the road for three years but I hope to get it an MOT in a couple of weeks. Tell us all about your restoration as we will all be interested.
lisbon_road
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby doss » Wed May 31, 2006 10:37 pm

Hi
Welcome to the forum and the best of luck with your restoration. :)
Doss
HC436
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed May 31, 2006 11:08 pm

Hello and it's great to hear from you. I am thinking about starting on my 1967 HB estate. I did put a new battery on it yesterday to search for signs of life, but there are none. I will take it slowly though and I have allready started to buy things that I know that I will need, but if I do buy the other two estates that I am currently looking at, then the new sills, wings, inner-wings, window rubbers etc will just have to wait for another month. Mean-while, My green hc estate is up for sale, should somebody be interested. It's not being pro-actively advertised, but if somebody wants a tax-free motor, then just give me a shout. Anyway all the best with your restoration and don't forget to take pics so we can all see how you are getting on.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby Clara » Wed May 31, 2006 11:19 pm

YOU STAY AWAY FROM THE CARS UNTIL THE DOCTOR HAS GIVEN YOU THE ALL CLEAR AUTO!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:17 am

Clara I love you, you are so full of nice-ness and good wishes. Thank you for your concern it is truly apprecaited. My wife is helping me with the cars though and we have come to the compromise that if she helps me, then I must listen to her when she tells me to stop work. I could not carry on even if I wanted to, as she runs off with my tool-box which is too heavy for me to carry.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby 1969vivasl » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:54 pm

Hello and thankyou all for the warm welcome. I'll maybe get some space cleared around the viva this weekend so i can take some pics to put in the garage section so you can all see the car. I've had the car for some time now but not much has been done to it recently, but i feel a burst of enthusiasm coming on!
1969vivasl
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:19 pm

Hello and welcome. Good luck on the restoration, keep us all informed of the good bits and the bad!
Automan, behave yourself, I dont want to inherit the HB by default!! How did you get your wife to help???? Well done sir!
Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby dann01 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:32 pm

My wide would help me with my cars... She'd lite the match.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Clara » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:44 pm

My boyfriend helps me work on my car (and his bikes) when I'm able, wonderful provider of cold drinks, kitchen roll, and newspaper so I don't tread dirt into the carpet.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Next

Return to General Discussion