The traditional newb intro post.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

The traditional newb intro post.

Postby Tigran » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:45 pm

Hey there guys n galls. Thought I would stick up a quick intro thingamajig and...erm...introduce myself.

My name is tigran and I'm an alcoho, oh no sorry wrong forum. I'm 19 and a student and dedicated car nut. On my second viva now (previous one was a non runner - an over zealous restoration project).

Well here are some pictures of the old girl - she is booked for a new beggining as of 2nd july - when me and some friends from the Retro Car Club are heading over to the Nurburgring.

Finally got it back home from Leeds to Potters Bar (N.London) - in the end me and a friend decided to do the blokey thing of getting together a load of spares and just going there and trying to get it going to drive it back - we always had plan B if that failed...oh no wait, we didn't.

It made the drive back - sat at the motorway limit the whole 200 miles back and then even started whilst still hot. Bless it. Anyhoo pics:

Ooooh used - but minty:

Hey I never said it was perfect - alas a solid replacement is waiting in the wings (excuse the pun)

Oh and airbags - they're for wimps right?

I'll keep updating with progress pics - have to have a new engine, brakes and suspension and a clean ticket done by 2nd July.
Slippin, Slidin, Glidin, Lowridin'

1964 Rover P5 i6
1976 Vauxhall Viva Coupe - The Judge - DET baby!
1988 BMW 525e - The Rusty Streak

Have a look at GS Autoworks Facebook page, it's more amazing than levitation!
Tigran
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:59 am

OHHH by the way dont be fooled about the eBay advert saying it was a Viva Sport!! its a special not sport!

Viva Sport LOL never heard a better oxymoron for years :D
pbottomley

Postby Tigran » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:49 am

pbottomley wrote:OHHH by the way dont be fooled about the eBay advert saying it was a Viva Sport!! its a special not sport!

Viva Sport LOL never heard a better oxymoron for years :D

Yeah I know. Made me chuckle. However when I'm finished with the old girl...

Anyway what was so special about them (excuse my viva badging ignorance)?
Slippin, Slidin, Glidin, Lowridin'

1964 Rover P5 i6
1976 Vauxhall Viva Coupe - The Judge - DET baby!
1988 BMW 525e - The Rusty Streak

Have a look at GS Autoworks Facebook page, it's more amazing than levitation!
Tigran
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:49 pm

Welcome, not a bad car. A plan B, whats that then, if fact whats a plan??
Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to General Discussion