Let us build it for a friend.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Let us build it for a friend.

Postby AUTOMAN » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:15 pm

Why don't we do something good again. Clara needs a car that can be converted for her adaptations. She loves Viva's. An estate would be handy to carry her wheel-chair.

You know what's coming next don't you?

I have a 1977 1256cc GLS estate that is perfect for the job. I will donate this car and start the work off, but we cold do with offers of help. Our deadline for the car is 6 months at most.

This car would never be sold, but would make such a difference to a good friend of all of us. Also it would keep another Viva on the road and also enable Clara to stay behind the wheel of a car that she loves.

I have offered this suggestion to Clara and she is thrilled with the idea, though probably a bit embarraced regarding this post.

Come on people, lets help one of our own this time.

Ian.
Automan.
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:39 pm

well if it involves hitting things with hammers... Count me in... If you technical help... I am not your best man.... (but I know some who would say they are good at various apects).

I do like the idea of getting the GLS back on the road and in the hands of a Loving owner. Having seen it the other weekend at yours, I can see it will come up a real treat, both as a practical car and also as looker.

If I remember right it needs sills and inner sills(?) which isnt the end of the world... I would get charged about £150 for that lot by the local MOT welder.. But if a memebr is good with the old welder maybe they could help out? Parts are easy to source.. Sills are about a tenner each.

Getting the car back to this end of the world isnt hard... Clara can push it and i will steer
pbottomley

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:44 pm

Hammers! not only those, but lets get out some big boys tools, welders, angle grinders, hoists and lots lots more.

lets find some other like-minded idiots and get started, it will be an honnour to help the first lady of Vivas.

All bow to princess Clara.

Ian,
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby Clara » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:15 pm

AUTOMAN wrote:Hammers! not only those, but lets get out some big boys tools, welders, angle grinders, hoists and lots lots more.

lets find some other like-minded idiots and get started,

I don't know whether to feel incredibly scared and worried or not. :?
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:24 pm

count me in, if it involves getting dirty and engine cranes are used. i`ve got all the big bits i can bring down, trolly jacks and rather large grinders
Pork Pie

Postby hbpeter » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:32 pm

Excellent idea, I'm probably a bit far away to actually help, but will help with bits if I have them and moral support.
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Clara » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:33 pm

awww you guys are lovely. :oops:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:13 pm

All bow to her magisty.

Clara you should have this as your foot note.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Postby Clara » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:45 pm

AUTOMAN wrote:All bow to her magisty.

Clara you should have this as your foot note.

Ian.

I should stop crying is what I should do!

You're just too much of a wonderful man.
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:55 pm

distance should be a problem, Ian`s wife does a lovely spag bol, well worth the 359 mile round trip.
Pork Pie

Next

Return to General Discussion