Hello Vauxhall fans!

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Hello Vauxhall fans!

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:41 pm

I recently bought myself a '74 Magnum 2300. I was browsing classic car adds in Norway looking for a usable classic to I get time to start on my '68 SAAB V4 project. I was looking at early 70ies SAABs, Opels and also classics like the NSU :lol: . Amongst them I also had a quick look at Vauxhalls for sale. I at once saw this Magnum and I recognized at ONCE. :shock: Because; when I was at school training to be a mechanic 20 years ago I renovated the brakes on this particular car. It has had the same owner for over the last 20 years and was in the same condition I remember it to be. :D I just HAD to buy it!!! :D

Why fight for a ball when we can play with cars..?!!
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby flexbuttcheck1 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:42 pm

thats a real nice car mate, thats one of the best looking magnums ive seen!
flexbuttcheck1
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:00 pm

Looks fantastic, lucky you.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:07 am

Thanx guys! I'm happy you like the car. Actually I'm not really a Vauxhall-man, I'm more into classic SAAB's, but this I just HAD to buy. Also because I remembered it from 20 years ago. I've had it for two weeks now and grown VERY fond of it. I'm trying to learn as much about it as possible.

The car has never been through a complete restoration so it's not in mint condition, though the body is free from rust :D It's had a respray once, before I first saw it, so it's not the original colour. It used to be beige/champagne. The interior is quite nice except the front seats, and it needs a good cleanup.

Some minor faults exists... I've cleaned the heater core, it was full of gray-brown smudge... and I had to clean/fix the headlight-switch. I discovered with a slight shock that the headlights "disapeared" when I dipped the lights!! :shock: Not fun when it's getting dark here in the evenings... Some more minor faults are sytill to be fixed: The windscreen wipers stops from time to time and the clock and the km.counter doesn't work. That's some of the fun about having a retro-car!! :D :D

I will post more pictures in my GARAGE in the future...

I hope the use of this forum will help me getting the car 100% well!! :D
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:27 pm

More pictures of my car are now uploaded to my Garage. Hope you enjoy'em! :D
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:42 pm

Thats a really nice car, Magnums suit Black very well. Most of the problems sound like bad conntacts on the electrics.
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:39 pm

HBPeter wrote:Thats a really nice car, Magnums suit Black very well. Most of the problems sound like bad conntacts on the electrics.
Peter

Thanx!! Yeah, I need to check some of the wiring. Should not be any problems with that. I think it's nice to "cuddle" with the car that way. :D
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:07 am

Well..been caring for the Magnum in the evenings and fixed some of the faults. Now I've sorted out the stoping windscreen wipers. Nice to see in the rain :lol: . Also I've changed the oil on the engine, gearbox and differential. The valves got a needed adjustment as well.

Drove down to Oslo to enter a sprintrally today (used a '64 gr.5 Volvo 544 PV in the rally). Nice trip in the Magnum. It's starting to run very smoothly now. :D Think I'm getting to be hooked on Vauxhalls now.. :roll:
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:24 pm

Today I fitted new seatcovers. The original frontseats were a bit worn so until I can get new nice seats this will do.

Before:

After:

MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:29 pm

I also dicovered that Gremlins had lived in my car before I got it:

Mice ain't nice!! :evil:

Luckily they hadn't used parts of the upholstery to build the nest. Also found a dead one in the rubbish... YUCK. But now it's cleaned out. Prehaps I'll let my cat sleep in it at night in the future :?
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Next

Return to General Discussion