Car Birthdays

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Car Birthdays

Postby droopsnoot » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:16 am

Fred Dukes wrote:If you talk to Vauxhall heritage and give them the VIN ( number at the bottom of the windscreen, passenger side) they will be able to tell you when it was manufactured and will send you a dating certificate. Fred

Be quick though - Vauxhall Heritage are shutting their spares operations and transferring them to Germany, where the only parts available will be those common to Opel models. So none, then. I don't know what effect this will have on getting information like this (which seems to be the most useful part of Vauxhall Heritage). Apparently they have around 10,000 parts that thye're trying to sell as a job lot.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:47 pm

I have found out that my 1600 HB estate was first registered on 1st August, 1970. I have been in touch with the heritage centre in Luton and they are now doing the other reserch regarding when the car was built etc. They are also checking their reccords for all other known examples of an HB estate, just in case they know of some that we don't. If anybody knows of any HB estates dead or allive, but still in existance, please provide me with the details, as I am trying to compile a register of them.

Ian,
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Previous

Return to General Discussion