Hiya from a newbie

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Hiya from a newbie

Postby Jammz_R » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:10 pm

Hi there I bought the Viva pictured below last month and have only just got round to joining and making a post :oops:

It's a 1978 HC with a 2.0 Ford Pinto engine and type nine five speed gearbox, magnum back axle, Spax rear shocks and Saab seats, bit of a mongrel really :lol:

At the moment I am just getting on top of all the niggly little problems, I joined the club last week so I can get a set of HPF springs for it :D

Got a few plans for it and looking for a new set of wheels, I quite like the Wellers but wouldn't mind a set of period alloys.

Anyway hope you like it :D
Jammz_R
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:18 pm

Hi there and welcome to the madhouse. The car looks nice and I bet goes a bit. Please feel free to join in on the forum with any of the posts, we are all a bit mad, but we don't usually bite. Hope you have fun, and maybe you would like to write a little piece about yourself and your car for the club magazine.

All the best,

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby hbpeter » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:30 pm

Hello and welcome. Several membersare online chatting on messenger if you would like to join in.
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby dann01 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:08 pm

Welcome

Car looks like it could do the business, in fact I am quite jelouse.

We post all almost anything here, as you may find from past threads. If you are a user of msn, a few of us chat on sunday evenings. Maybe see you there sometime.

Regards
DannyHC175
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Hiya from a newbie

Postby MattHC1600SL » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:51 pm

Saw that on ebay - that is super cool! Love the paint job. Thats the one that has Ford running gear? Matt.
Vauxhall Viva HC 1600 OHC SL TDL 533J
Honey Starmist / Black Vinyl Roof
MattHC1600SL
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby vitaminc74 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:03 pm

hello from a fellow , ORANGE viva
vitaminc74
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Jammz_R » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:23 pm

Thanks for the comments guys glad you like it :) Should be able to get to a few shows next year, looking forward to actually seeing some other Viva's in the metal 8)

Not sure if it will be staying orange, if I ever have enough spare cash I will get a respray, the black bonnet will be staying though as I think it looks quite cool :D
1978 Pinto Powered HC Viva
Jammz_R
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to General Discussion