Leicester to Fort William

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Leicester to Fort William

Postby Doss backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:25 pm

well I finally managed to get myself a Viva after hunting for a while. problem was I live in Fort William in the Highlands and the car was in Leicester. Went to see the car and it was as good if not better than Paul had said and indeed better than I thought it would be. So bought the car and started heading of for Fort William "with much worry" I might add that the car was gonna cack it half way home. Got about 10 miles and the car just cut out. My heart sunk and thoughts of heading back entered my mind. But then I havent driven a car this old for a very long time, so thought turn the key see what happens and to my amazement off she went again. Continued travelling as far as Scotch Corner but she was not running very well at all, the carb was not very well or something i thought. So did an Oil check and water check had a look around, couldnt find a thing wrong so set off again. sitting at a steady but very laboured 55mph. about midnight I hit Glasgow and decided to give the car a wee rest. Checked the oil and water again "still fine". Put more fuel in and set of after an hours rest. By now I was quite confident that she was gonna make the journey. So as I hit Glen Coe I felt confident enough to try and clear this old cars little engine and give her a bit of stick. After about 10 Miles of pressure and many a funny burning smell and some strange noises I slowed to 55 again. Could not believe the difference that it had made. she was now running like a dream and the power had taken a drastic rise "well was a lot better". Trotted my way off up the rest of the road enjoying the car with no more worries. Best drive I have had in a long time. Even the missus and the kids like my new toy. RESULT
Cheers
Doss
Doss backup

Postby Tinkerman backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:26 pm

Rather you then i. Glad you made it though.
I`ll keep an eye out for your developments on the engine front. And i`m sure you will enjoy her and im glad she has gone to a good home.
Tinkerman backup

Postby Doss backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:26 pm

Thanks Pual
Doss backup

Postby paulbottomley37 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:26 pm

Giveing an old car what for around rannock isnt my idea of fun !!! if that had died (not that Paul's car would of as i know it well) It might of been a cold lonley night on the moor! Thats aside cannot wait to see the new running gear in a very nice car
paulbottomley37

Postby Doss backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:27 pm

Welllllllllllllllllll
Truth be know as I am sure wee all KNOW, she would only go as fast as she seen fit which was a good speed let me tell you. and I am a firm believer in the fact if a joint moves"move it" if a car wants to go faster the driver will be told. I hit almost 75mph before she said I have had enough and i drove her today, she now feels like my car AND we have no CARB probs WHAT SO EVER, LOLLL
alll in goood fun. as us scots have an unforunate attitude sometimes

Cheers

Doss
Doss backup

Return to General Discussion