5 speed conversion build

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Re: 5 speed conversion build

Postby House » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Oh i get it now, i went through with mine and welded a disc on the front. Might pay to grind the drill flat?
House
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Craig I appear to of been volunteered to head to Exeter at some point very soon, so popping past your lovely workshop should t be to hard. I am going to recount the gear teeth again tomorrow and make sure I don't run out of finger's and toe's this time :D

If its is a Pinto box with a V6 input shaft on it, then I will need to either find another box with a shorter input shaft or somehow find a short input shaft to hammer into this box :voodoo: ... I also want the shortened gear linkage...

Maybe you need some pennies to pay for the electricity for your TV? (Note to readers Craig has the largest TV I have ever seen, its so big the house must of been built around it !!). I am happy to pay for these mods on this box if its appropriate fella ? :new_grin: :new_grin: :new_grin: After all you need to watch "Britains got tallent in super HD" LOL
pbottomley

Postby House » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:14 am

:lol: :lol: There is a story behind that TV :wink: .

Changing the input shaft in the type 9 is a biatch. I've got a pinto shaft here which you can have as long as you replace it some when although i think the laygear might need swapping as well? I dont mind doing the tailhousing for you, you'll need to get a gasket and seal set but they're only about £8. It's up to you if you want to chance the bearings although a full rebuild kit is only about £120 + a few beers if you want me to fit it. :drunk8:

I'm not far away from you this weekend but carrying a whole gearbox home may be a problem.
House
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:39 am

How do you know where I am this weekend :shock: OMG stalker...

Kidding I am away hopefully this weekend at Tatton Park in RAY (crosses fingers)
pbottomley

Previous

Return to Modifications