Zetec into viva?

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Re: Zetec into viva?

Postby Addy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks Martyn,nonsense not as close a match to the original volume as I'd like but I'm sure it will ve fine. I need to make some engine mounts now and get the engine in. How did you go about the mounts? Did you cut the original viva ones away and fit new ones? If you get the chance to take a picture it would be very appreciatedy
Addy
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Martyn » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:20 pm

The engine mounts are not finalised just yet, they may need some adjustment.
I bought a kit from retroford that had all the parts to weld together, as my workshop is not fully kitted out for fabrication. I cut the viva mount points and lowered them closer to the beam, then welded up the kit. I'll get some pics on here soon so you can see.
Are you using the Zetecs original inlet setup, if you are then be aware as the plastic inlet air bit does really take up a lot of room, you will not be able to get the brake sevo back in the original place, a nice Jenvey throttle body setup would be ideal but expensive, I'm going to go down the remote servo route.
Martyn
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Addy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Rights that was my line of thought with regards to the mounts but I think I'l use works facilities to fab them up. Yeah was going to go down the throttle body route aswell, jenvey's Look the bisiness. I was using a website called zetecinside for most of my info on the engine.

Jealous you have your own workshop, im looking into it but £240 is the cheapest I can find that local to me.

Cheers for the help i'l add pics as I make progress aswell.
Addy
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Martyn » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:53 pm

There are some units near me, bit rough but cheap, but i'm in the midlands, miles from newcastle. Was in Newcastle this weekend doing the North run.

You thought about engine management yet? I'm thinking - http://www.mtechautomotive.co.uk/engine ... nt/v4-ecu/
Could fit the Ford stuff, but this allows me plenty of room for tweeking and Modding at a later stage.
Martyn
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Addy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi Martyn

Along time since I've been on the forum and not a lot activating my end. Hope things are movin along with yours. Anti vibrations mounts arrived and springs are on order just to get the balls rolling. I did look into the management system in the early days but I have left that thinking to last. What I've been mulling over is mounting the engine. I was hoping you could help. I wanted to know how high and how far forward the engine sit on yours. I've got 250mm from the front of the engine block to bowl of the sump. I think I'd read to keep the engine as close to the bulkhead as possible??

Anyway thanks for your time and any help is very appreciated.

Adam
Addy
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby yoeddynz » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Hows this coming along now? :)
yoeddynz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Po79 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:40 pm