omega 2.2????

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

omega 2.2????

Postby james thomas » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:27 pm

hi again, has anyone fitted an omega 2.0 or 2.2 16v with box into a viva? was thinking of doing this to my HC............ whats the downs ????
james thomas
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: omega 2.2????

Postby ian24ian » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Yep I'm going thru the same process at the moment, Use the omega box, Im using an early 2.0 omega, that allows you to use all the injection without the Immobiliser you need to split the top of the gearbox tunnel, as the box is a bit taller. Bespoke prop is needed.
Im using an Omega B 2l sump and pick-up pipe and the engine mounts, which should allow you to bolt the engine in, as the omega sump fouls the X member, Clutch, you will have to play and go, I haven't got that far yet but the omega uses a hydraulic clutch bearing ana the viva is cable, or use the Manta B gearbox from the start, but its not that strong, and normally expensive. you will need a speedo drive from a carlton 5 speed box, they are mechanical,
Unfortunately there is not much tuning stuff available for this engine I can find, but the XE head bolts on, then you need to sort out the dissy drive as it fouls the bulkhead, not even the exhaust manifolds swap from XE to Ecotec,
The 2.2 is a stroked 2.0, but with the complication of balance shaft, this can be removed and dosent seem to affect the running of the engine.
I might even use a B204 Saab Turbo engine, this is Vauxhall based, and about half the price of the XE20LET.
A rotter and a scoundrel, :)
ian24ian
GT Viva
GT Viva

Location: Sunny Bexhill, any further south, and my feet are wet!!!!!!!!

Postby james thomas » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:17 pm

doesnt sound too bad, il keep my eyes open for a cheap or damaged omega and strip it, could use the omega pedal box maybe?
what about the axle? will the 1300 axle put up with the 2.0 or 2.2?
james thomas
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby ian24ian » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:35 pm

I have gone for the Magnum 1800/2300 OHC axle,
A rotter and a scoundrel, :)
ian24ian
GT Viva
GT Viva

Location: Sunny Bexhill, any further south, and my feet are wet!!!!!!!!

Return to Modifications