Poly bushes or new standard bushes for front suspension?

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Re: Poly bushes or new standard bushes for front suspension?

Postby niftynevins » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Did you buy them through Paul's recommended supplier?
Interesting post you had re balljoints. I always purchased the QH as a priority you have got me thinking now. I am yet to have any trouble with mine even on the Ventora with that huge lump. I have sold off all my repco ones would have been nice to have done a comparison.

As it turns out Droopsnoot the caster bar bushes are the same as FD I found out through Chris with the Magnum as he has an FD too)I will order some myself now :D
64 HA Viva Brabham GT restoration project
64 HA Viva Deluxe Adelaide assembled restored
64 HA Viva standard Adelaide assembled restored

37 Vauxhall 25HP GY Sloper restoration project
53 Vauxhall Velox Ute original
71 Vauxhall FD Ventora 2 restored
niftynevins
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby black8driver » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:27 pm

ive run a full compliment of superpro bushes in the front of my diesel estate and i drive it hard.. used everyday in all weathers and they have been in maybe 2 years now still no movement no wear at all i can see.
they are maybe a bit harsher but its hardly noticable im running 15x8 wheels with 25mm poss offset so they do get a hammering..
i do think they are good no complaints..

however on the flipside i would expect the rubber bushes to last a bit longer and really i doubt there is much more movement in rubber to poly really they are not huge bushes.

to be honest i would have been happy fitting rubber bushes to mine for the top arms and maybe bottom the reason i went for poly was the only rubber ones i could find were old stock ones and i know they can perish and they were practically the same price..

wilst im on the suspention bush front ive recently removed my caster rod bushes and made a set of rose jointed rods.. and my what a difference......
si
black8driver
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby yoeddynz » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:31 pm

The qh balljoints have a silly two piece ball head and its between these two bits that I am seeing the movement. Its a terrible amount of sideways movement. Luckily the balljoint wont be pulling out and sending me off into a hedge or off a cliff- its soild where safety is concerned but is allowing the wheel to twitch under braking loads- combined with sloppy upper arm bushes and its not a nice feeling.

b8d- tell me more about your rose joints. I'm thinking about replacing the lower inner bushes with poly and definitely the castor rod bushes as they seem overly soft and squidgy.
yoeddynz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Previous

Return to Modifications