Type 9 Adaptor plate

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Type 9 Adaptor plate

Postby edgoose1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Anyone know where to get an adaptor plate to fit the type 9 box to the OHC engine ?
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: Type 9 Adaptor plate

Postby flexbuttcheck1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:05 pm

theres a bloke called dave on the dsg who makes them hes got one on ebay at the moment.
flexbuttcheck1
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby edgoose1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:07 pm

edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby bobblehead006 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:44 am

I got mine from RWD in colne Lancashire . They also manufacture steel flywheels to fir the vauxhall engine but with the bolt pattern to fit a complete ford clutch instead of doing a mix up of both. Hope this is of some help. :)
bobblehead006
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby davidr » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:53 pm

bobblehead006 wrote:I got mine from RWD in colne Lancashire . They also manufacture steel flywheels to fir the vauxhall engine but with the bolt pattern to fit a complete ford clutch instead of doing a mix up of both. Hope this is of some help. :)

Hi

I didn't have any problem with my clutch, I used a Droopsnoot/HPF cover with a Sierra Cosworth driven plate, it's been in my car working well for 3 years and about 20 rallies, I haven't even looked at it to see how it's waring!

Davidr
davidr
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby davidr » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:00 pm

bobblehead006 wrote:I got mine from RWD in colne Lancashire . They also manufacture steel flywheels to fir the vauxhall engine but with the bolt pattern to fit a complete ford clutch instead of doing a mix up of both. Hope this is of some help. :)

Which OHC engine are you referring to? I can't see anything on RWDs website about slant 4 engines

Davidr
davidr
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:41 pm

David, looking at his previous postsnone assumes its an Astra 8v engine he is using .

Was at Ians today to drop my axle off, very intresting place!
pbottomley

Postby davidr » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:43 pm

pbottomley wrote:David, looking at his previous postsnone assumes its an Astra 8v engine he is using .

Was at Ians today to drop my axle off, very intresting place!

Yes, it is, what I like about him is that whatever he does he makes a good job, and if anything isn't quite right he'll correct it no problem no argument, I've known him for 30 years or so and always found him to be straight. He probably isn't the cheapest, but often the cheapest isn't the best!

I did wonder if he meant the 8v Astra type, same as XE etc and I see they do those!

Davidr
davidr
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby obees » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:25 pm

You could make you own by using the gasket between the bell house on the ford and also the vauxhall gasket as a template. It's made from 12+ mm alloy plate, Secondly the clutch release bearing sleeve on the input shaft as to be reduce to accept the vauxhall without modifying the lever and depending upon the plate the used the input shaft will have to be reduced to slide into the crankshaft/clutch assey.
obees
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby obees » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:34 pm

obees
SL Viva
SL Viva

Next

Return to Modifications