HC Disc conversion from HB

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

HC Disc conversion from HB

Postby Roadster » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:48 am

Hi, I am wondering if the members of the Viva Owners club can help? I have been offered a pair of discs, calipers which are new and a pair of second hand hubs to convert my original discs to the larger 10" version of the later HC and I assume Firenza, Magnum series. Does anyone have experience of the conversion and if so any help in defining the modifications would be helpful. Regards
Roadster
First Post
First Post

Re: HC Disc conversion from HB

Postby ADRIAN » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:32 pm

So, you have been offered 10" discs? and the "correct" calipers for the 10"? (Lockheed or Girling type 14 MkII )
But what about the stub axles? (Not called hubs. - the hubs are the bearing carriers and the wheels bolts to these) If you have the stub axles, are they the correct ones for the 10" discs, - or are they simply standard Viva HC stub axles which use the 8" discs. They are different. You cannot simply fit the bigger 10" discs to the 8" disc type stub axles. You need the correct bigger 10" stub axles. Also, the steering arms - which extend out to reach the track rod ends, these are longer to clear a 10" diameter disc. The whole set up you need has to be parts "complete" - no use have missing parts such as bolts for caliper fixing, disc fixing, dust shields, brake hose mounting plates etc. as finding the missing parts can be difficult Its much more involved than just discs / calipers and hubs! If you'd like to chat for a better explanation, please phone me on 01953 498818 and I'l try to help,
ADRIAN
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Modifications