Setting up hb suspension arms to get negative camber

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Re: Setting up hb suspension arms to get negative camber

Postby droopsnoot » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:16 pm

obees wrote:I'll have a root in my loft and dig out my DTV Manuel and see if there any information.

I had a quick look in my Sportpart manual and all it talked about was how to buy the DTV modified ones, not how to do it. But there are different editions of the Sportpart manual, and there's also "Tuning Vivas and Firenzas" that I keep forgetting about - that might give more information.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby chrismc » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:10 pm

'Tuning Viva s and Firenzas' states the Sportpart negative camber wishbone are modified Ventora items. They give 1 1/2 degrees of negative camber. They are also strengthened with a couple of plates.
chrismc
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby dagsy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:34 am

Yes, I have the modifying vivas book & all it states is getting after market arms. So far I have slotted them and mig filled the holes & I reckon they are sitting on close to vertical. When I have finished fluffing around with it I will get an alignment and see where we are at.
I certainly feels different to steer, bit heavier might be a better description.
Thanks for the replies.
dagsy
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby dagsy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:03 am

Just got a wheel alignment done & have got the camber down to -0 degrees 16 mins drivers side and - 0 degrees 14 mins pass side.
Pretty happy with that considering I used a straight edge & bubble level to do it.
dagsy
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Previous

Return to Modifications