viva ha racing

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Re: viva ha racing

Postby Bob perry » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:00 am

Please, please, keep the 'take off' bits that you don't use, for us HA 'purists'.
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:16 pm

bpvauxhall wrote:How much power might I be looking at with the engine as I have a stroker crank and rods lotus twin cam pistons (.060) mild cam double valve springs ported head 10/1 compression ratio and twin 35 carbs of a peugeot 205 sx and a very light flywheel :)

The Lotus twin cam (ford) pistons start at 82.49mmm (standard) plus 0.60 pistons for ford Lotus would be 84mm (ish)...

The largest size for a 1256cc engine is around 81mm (plus 60 again) Having bored a few blocks in my time anything above plus 60 will eat into the oil gallery let alone the water jacket... So who did you manage to get the bores an extra 3mm dia? Interested in the conrod / crank setup as well, what can you tell us (details images prices availability etc)

Do you have access to this data or is it an engine built for you by someone else?
pbottomley

Postby bpvauxhall » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:09 pm

It's a 1511 stroker with steel allen crank and rods and standard size ford twin cam pistons which are +0.060 to standard 1256 bore. Im building it myself. I had to cut loads into the block, oil pump and oil gallery for the crank to pass.
bpvauxhall
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:15 pm

bpvauxhall wrote:It's a 1511 stroker with steel allen crank and rods and standard size ford twin cam pistons which are +0.060 to standard 1256 bore. Im building it myself. I had to cut loads into the block, oil pump and oil gallery for the crank to pass.

I would love to see this, having read up on the 1500cc OHV chevette units they were not great at the top end, but seeing as the sport you are doing is about off the line stop start etc i think this would be a nice unit...

Where on earth did you find an allen crank and rods?
pbottomley

Postby bpvauxhall » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:21 pm

I was lucky on ebay :)
bpvauxhall
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Previous

Return to Modifications