Some advice

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Some advice

Postby don » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:01 pm

As it says I could do with some help as the kids have asked if I can help them build a viva ! So as I don't no nothing about the running gear of a viva I could do with some pointers , so mr bottomley now is your chance to shine , I will be keeping as much standard as poss but will need poly bushies , poss some nice front and rear suspension set up basically it needs to handle but keep the standard form as a viva , so if you help out in anyway or sell me any bits that would be ideal . It will be a hc 2 door , engine will be on carbs , not sure on xe 16v , pinto , or a v8 but to be honest I am looking to keep it to the standard mechanics as poss back to genuine old school fun the way I learned , cheers
don
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Some advice

Postby 1972nail » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:07 am

Suspension wise don't go much lower than an inch otherwise the geometry goes way wrong! Keep the reasr rate standard at about 180lbs and the front ones up to about 300 lbs for a standard engine and anything up to 600lbs for something a bit heavier. My Firenza has 1 1/2 inch lower 650lbs on an OHC cast iron lump and is just about right.

A front anti roll bar is a must. If you can find one from an OHC model well and good but you can make others fit with a bit of ingenuity. I've seen an MG Midget (I think) one fitted years ago on home made brackets forward of the suspension and it worked well.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Re: Some advice

Postby don » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:22 pm

Thanks for the advice David
don
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Modifications