Fitting Alfa seats to an HC

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Re: Fitting Alfa seats to an HC

Postby yoeddynz » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:15 pm

Do HCs have a wider floor area then HBs? If not then is the shape of the floor them same? Ie- can HC seat rails fit into an HB?
yoeddynz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Jon-HPF » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Great to see these in the car at Billing , they really suit it and the colour is a near perfect match to the original rears .

next on me list is a nice pair of black leather ones (may get some seats as well) :D

Jon
"Thats a nice looking Capri you got there mate!"
Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Retro morgs » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:25 pm

Jon-HPF wrote:Great to see these in the car at Billing , they really suit it and the colour is a near perfect match to the original rears .

next on me list is a nice pair of black leather ones (may get some seats as well) :D

Jon

I think that was actually a different car,wasnt it Terry's 2300 SL that was sporting these seats at Billing?
68 HB bitza,72 HC 1159 Deluxe,74 HC 1800 SL auto,74 FE Ventora,94 2.8 Frontera
Retro morgs
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Jon-HPF » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:40 am

You may be correct - its difficult putting faces to the forum avatars , but the seats look the same :wink:

Jon
"Thats a nice looking Capri you got there mate!"
Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jamin008 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:17 pm

I'll start by apologising for bumping an old post!

I have a pair of alfa GTV seats that I'm trying to fit in my Firenza. My firenza appears to have the early type floor, that is no runners. It has a central bar at the front and it clips to a floor mounted rod on the cill side, nothing on the tunnel side. The seats I have bought have straight runners. My existing seats are one piece, there is nothing I can unbolt to marry to the alfa runners, it is just one frame. Are there other early mount type seats that have parts I can unbolt to modify or do I need to fabricate something from scratch? It reads above that there are certain seats that have parts unboltable, I just don't have them by the looks of it!
jamin008
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby steff » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:22 am

Hello

We are in the same place. Mine is a 71 HC with the early floor pan. Only the rear sill side bolts fits. Working out options now as I am not keen to drill more holes in the floor so was thinking of making up brackets to match in with the front four bolts that way only one hole to drill.

Out in garage tomorrow (ish, New Year goes on a bit up here :D ) but will post some photos

Steff
steff
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby yoeddynz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:19 pm

I was going to say 'have a look at my thread for photos of my alfa seats into viva' but I have only just realised a lot of photos from my Viva thread are missing thanks to imageshack being greedy. I will have to re-do them on another server.

anyway- I re-did one photo so you can sort of see the shaped plates and raised mounts to suit the Momo (Recaro made) Alfa seats. I had to use 3mm plate and 5mm plates underneath to keep the engineer tester guy happy when it came to getting certification. But its well worth making them strong as they dont move at all and feel well solid in place..
Here's my mate Dave working on them...

On to the top of those plates that were bolted to the floor I welded some 40mm box section capped with a bit of flat. Under the caps I had welded nuts. I made a wooden jig that copied the seat mounting holes. This I sat on top of my raised box sections and I could cut them to the right height before welding. I used a spirit level on the wooden jig which made an easy job of getting all four corners the same height. Sadly no photos of that.
yoeddynz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Previous

Return to Modifications