Swapping wheel studs for bolts

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Re: Swapping wheel studs for bolts

Postby pbottomley » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:29 pm

<<< anything but a purist

good to hear you have a solution
pbottomley

Postby rizzo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:08 pm

lol, yeh thats why i swiftly removed the Rover rims
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby demon.dave » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:31 pm

pbottomley wrote:<<< anything but a purist

good to hear you have a solution

Hey, sorry about the way i worded my rant. No offence intended towards anyone. I've been a member of a few boards over the years and there are a select few members on each where if you deviate from the norm, out come the pitchforks, garlic, and wooden stakes :twisted:
demon.dave
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:01 am

pbottomley wrote:Don't forget its not just re drilling the hubs, one would have to re drill the rear drums to match.

I was thinking you'd enlarge the holes a little so that they can cope with the smaller 100mm PCD and just fit them slightly rotated. I know that means you can't fit the securing screw, but (a) you could drill and tap another hole for that to suit, or (b) you could just forget about it. The screw isn't used on HPF or Sportshatch because it fouls the flat inside face of the Avon wheel, and it's not like it's going anywhere while the wheel is on, and if it comes off, well, losing the brake drum is a secondary issue.

pbottomley wrote:But there is no room on the rear hubs to rotate them 45 degrees and drill a new set of holes, as there is already a large hole for getting to the half shaft bolts.

Ah, that's a very good point - I'd totally forgotten about that. Even though I only did my rear wheel bearings last year and used that very same hole for access.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Previous

Return to Modifications