14" front wheels and 15" rear wheels

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

14" front wheels and 15" rear wheels

Postby rattlyolddt » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Anyone got any thoughts on this set up? Looking at second hand alloy wheels, and in 4x4" this is a common setup

I supppse it could gear it up a bit on the back? But what would it ride / handle like? I reckon Lower profile on the back
Would compensate a huge difference in size?

Anything else I've missed much appreciated!
rattlyolddt
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: 14" front wheels and 15" rear wheels

Postby rizzo » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Why not just keep it 14 inch back and front, because if your putting lower profile on the rear its not really going to make any differance, guess it might look a bit different from the side aswel. my avitar pic is 14s
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: 14" front wheels and 15" rear wheels

Postby rattlyolddt » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:31 am

rizzo wrote:Why not just keep it 14 inch back and front, because if your putting lower profile on the rear its not really going to make any differance, guess it might look a bit different from the side aswel. my avitar pic is 14s

Reason being I have found a cheap set of wheels that are 14 and 15s. Usually I would keep them all the same by choice, but it appears it's not uncommon to mix it up, so wanted folks opinions on it.

Some folk would keep the profile ratio similar and opt for bigger rolling radius on the back too, again pros and cons from people with experience would be very much appreciated.

I like your HB !
rattlyolddt
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Modifications