Modifications

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Re: Modifications

Postby Johno » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:49 am

Yeah thats a thought. ..
Will go every avenue until I'm happy with it all.
Johno
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby martin-reyland » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:13 pm

jackrs2 wrote:Why not mount the disk to the front of the hub you will have to redrill the stud holes and maybe the centre bore or fit a spigot type ring ,longer wheel studs if your making brackets to fit the calipers then they just have to be abit thicker. you will have all the strength you need where the wheel bolts on, i have 300mm discs and brembo 4pots on my viva

That's exactly how I did it (330x28 with AP 5200 4 pots)..

martin-reyland
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:11 pm

Ditto on longer studs other wise 240 vented disk with sierra / xr3 calliper, small spigot bush to keep disk central, and re drilled to 4" PCD

pbottomley

Postby martin-reyland » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:57 pm

I moved upto M12x1.5 studs when I did mine.
martin-reyland
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Johno » Sat May 20, 2017 1:11 pm

After much thought think will mount over original hub to keep things simple. ..
Have found 355x32 rotors with alloy bell
and some 4 pot brembo's...
Johno
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby martin-reyland » Mon May 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Johno wrote:After much thought think will mount over original hub to keep things simple. ..
Have found 355x32 rotors with alloy bell
and some 4 pot brembo's...

Just curious as t what tyres you will be fitting to those 18" rims? Reason I ask is because you're either going to have to run the car pretty high or the wheel arch will need modding. It all works fine when the wheels are pointing straight ahead but with steering lock on the wheel will hit the arm on bump.
martin-reyland
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Johno » Thu May 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Fitted 40 series low profile tire
Have rolled wheel arch's and with out spring fitted working lock to lock didn't throw any problems up. ..
Johno
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby volvofirenza » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:02 pm

hi all i have a question to do with big brakes. has anyone ever snapped the up rights or ball joints? im planning on fitting jag xjs twr v12 4 pots to the front of my viva E and im worried that something is going to give way :(
volvofirenza
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby fistfullofV5's » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:20 pm

volvofirenza wrote:hi all i have a question to do with big brakes. has anyone ever snapped the up rights or ball joints? im planning on fitting jag xjs twr v12 4 pots to the front of my viva E and im worried that something is going to give way :(

I don't think it'll be like putting a stick through the wheel of your bicycle :) If your brakes prove to be absolutely epic when you stamp on them, I'd expect copious tyre smoke before any mechanical breakage. I've not seen anything on here to indicate that there'd be an issue. I'd love to see some pics though when you do the conversion.
Regards, Dave.
fistfullofV5's
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby volvofirenza » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:19 pm

fistfullofV5's wrote:
volvofirenza wrote:hi all i have a question to do with big brakes. has anyone ever snapped the up rights or ball joints? im planning on fitting jag xjs twr v12 4 pots to the front of my viva E and im worried that something is going to give way :(

I don't think it'll be like putting a stick through the wheel of your bicycle :) If your brakes prove to be absolutely epic when you stamp on them, I'd expect copious tyre smoke before any mechanical breakage. I've not seen anything on here to indicate that there'd be an issue. I'd love to see some pics though when you do the conversion.
Regards, Dave.

ok awesome just wanted to check :D
i will post some pics up once ive done it
volvofirenza
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Modifications