Help! Steering wheel....

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Postby pbottomley » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:05 pm

Yes I understand you have been sparking and melting metal, well done...

Realy glad to see the Firenza is comming along... we will look out for a black carpet for you. :D
pbottomley

Postby rachel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:12 pm

Cheers dude,
I've actually got some carpet but I gotta cut it and fit it myself - should be fun!!
Welding is great fun!! I only set fire to 2 things ha ha ha and didn't really get burnt - kept well covered :D
I think my bloke is feeling slightly intimidated by it tho - ha ha!! :wink:
rachel

Postby psl » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:49 pm

STOP THE PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right John got hold of me today and with good news. He has found the customs tracking number and recipt of postage, number is
CP608988618GB, sent from Carlton Rd Barnsley post office. Weight of said item 2.510 kl, cost £32.95.
I do hope this helps you Per? He sends his apologies on the length of time this has taken (posted over 3 weeks ago) but as some may know John has had genuine reasons not to be able to do much. He has informed me that he has tracked down the item is and its still in customs, item will be with you soon! John did send this item before xmas but did not attach the customs number to it (sent by parcel force) cost of £38 hence item was returned to his address and he has had to pay out again to resend the item (silly boy).
Now he is unable to get on line at the mo, so cannot defend his actions, he even had me worried if he had sent it, but you are innocent untill proven other wise so i hope this clears this issue up and no more negative posts on this matter will appear!
As soon as you can confirm that all is in order Per please post it on the forum, as it has been made public we need to publicaly put this to bed and untarnish names that have been tarnished.
If your still in need Per i will email you direct Mr Hill`s mobile number so you can speak direct, as he has given me permission to do so.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:06 pm

Thank you for the information "psl". Although I'm not able to get a hit on the trace I will take your word for it. Certainly I will let you all know if the package arrives.

BTW..even if I don't "live around the corner" as you called it, I have all the information I need about the seller. But thanks anyway.
Why fight for a ball when we can play with cars..?!!
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:08 pm

Hello my friends!

Finally my steering wheel arrived. Here's a pic to show:

The steering wheel seems to be in good shape, and I'm happy I finally got it. The same CAN'T be said about the seller. I'll give him credit that he finally honored our agreement, but that's it.

Sadly it seems he's not honest to his friends eighter. psl claims the seller told him on the 2nd feb. that the wheel were sent over 3 weeks ago. Well, I'll tell you folks, the package were dated, guess what... 2nd feb. 2007. Ok, 10 days is normal for a package that size to arrive here from UK. So, in the end I guess I never had seen the wheel arrive if I hadn't gone public about it (Jan 30.). That's sad, becauce I really had 2nd and 3rd thoughts about doing so, but it seems it was the right thing to do.

Thanks to everybody who helped me get my wheel!!!! :D

As I promised I'll withdraw statements about the seller.
I’ll now report him to the proper authorities for fraud... I consider him a thief.

- Sorry "mr.Seller", I withdraw my statement regarding what I consider you to be.

That's the only thing I will withdraw. I've learnt my lesson with this guy and will not risk dealing with him in the future. For all you others, be happy to trade with him, but take precautions :!: .

....if it hadn't been so damn cold outside, I'd fit the wheel tonight :)

Cheers everybody, and thanx to the helpful ones once again! :D
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby psl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:16 pm

so it seems my little kick up the backside worked, good im happy you got your steering wheel at last.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Clara » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:55 pm

psl wrote:so it seems my little kick up the backside worked, good im happy you got your steering wheel at last.

Hope you got your boot back afterwards.

Glad to hear you're able to go around corners again Per!
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:57 pm

Clara wrote:Glad to hear you're able to go around corners again Per!

Yeah..it was difficult steering with a spanner... :lol:

As for this case, I'm satisfied with the outcome and will leave it with that.

Case closed!
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:15 pm

Congratulations Paul on a successful intervention well done.

Please can we all remember that we should treat people with the respect that we would like to be treated with by others. We are supposed to be dealing with friends and that is the only way it will work to a good standard for all of us.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Previous

Return to Modifications