Help! Steering wheel....

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Steering wheel????????

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:26 pm

Hello everybody!

I’m sad to say this deal turned out to be a very sad matter for me. For starters...: I was very happy to get my hands on a nice steering wheel for my Magnum. Agreement regarding payment were made via PM with the seller. I agreed to pay £120 incl. shipping to Norway. So cash were sent in a registrated letter for safety reasons. Seller sends me a PM on Nov. 9th saying the payment has arrived. He tells me he’ll ship the wheel the next day (Nov. 10th). I’m a happy bloke, looking forward to mount the wheel in a weeks time.

Well.. it seems the mailman is a slow bloke as time goes.. On Nov.25th the seller PM’s me telling he sent the wheel the 16th but got it in return on 23rd due to missing customs documents. He promises to resend on the 27th. Ok, I’ll live with that. But the wheel still doesn’t arrive.....

Dec 12th I PM the seller requesting a tracing number for the package. No answer... I PM seller again Dec 17th requesting the wheel or my money to return before X-mas. Still NO answer... Again I PM the seller on Jan 4th giving him until the 6th to give me an answer, otherwise I’ll consider my money stolen. This time I get an answer (on the 6th) were the seller claims the wheel sent the same day!!!! I answer in a polite way that I’ll give it “some days” to arrive. But still no wheel arrives!!! On Jan 21st I PM the seller for a last time giving the package one-1 week to arrive before I’ll take nececary actions.

And here we are.... I’ve not seen any steering wheel, nor my £120.....!!! So, I’m very disapointed. I’m really been ripped off my money by this seller.

Take this into matter when even thinking about doing a deal with this guy!!!!

I’ll now report him to the proper authorities for fraud... I consider him a thief.

Best regards
MAGNUM 2300
NORWAY
Why fight for a ball when we can play with cars..?!!
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Clara » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:40 pm

:(

Thanks for letting us know sweetie. I hope one way or another you get what is rightfully yours.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:45 pm

Clara wrote::(

Thanks for letting us know sweetie. I hope one way or another you get what is rightfully yours.

Well.. as I said, I consider my money stolen and will take action regarding that. It's a principle to me.. Behave and hounor agreements. That's how we trade here.
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:57 am

I believe that this sort of action should in no way be tolerated by us as individuals or by the club. I now urge the seller to bring forward proof of postage and the letter or doccumentation proving what has been alleged by the HM Customs department. In the mean time, I urge all members of the club and the forum to boycot this person and not to purchase items from them untill this matter is resolved.

These views are my own and do not officially represent the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club. I will however be contacting the committee to establish wheather or not we can come up with some sort of action that the club can take against people both inside and outside of the club.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:35 pm

AUTOMAN wrote:I believe that this sort of action should in no way be tolerated by us as individuals or by the club. I now urge the seller to bring forward proof of postage and the letter or doccumentation proving what has been alleged by the HM Customs department. In the mean time, I urge all members of the club and the forum to boycot this person and not to purchase items from them untill this matter is resolved.

These views are my own and do not officially represent the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club. I will however be contacting the committee to establish wheather or not we can come up with some sort of action that the club can take against people both inside and outside of the club.

Ian
AUTOMAN.

I can't understand that this guy even dares to show up at club events. I've been informed that my case isn't the only one. I also happend to come across one of his eBay identities and browsed through his feedback:
fraudulent payment via paypal, under investigation from police AVOID CON MAN
- and this came from a seller...

Of course, if he will show a copy of some sort of document from the shipping service or customs proofing the package WERE sent, I'll exuse some of my statements regarding the man. But in general, I'll recomend NOT to make trade agreements with him. DON'T send money in advance to him. Pay him ONLY when you have the item you'd like to buy safe in your own hands. I really hope my case will help others from doing the same mistake with this guy.
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby rachel » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Could you let us all know who the seller is?
So we can all avoid this happening to us - cheers!!
rachel

Postby pbottomley » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Cozzieviva

PS hows the firenza comminag along? still got flods white walls?
:D
pbottomley

Postby bulldog » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:51 pm

i think you should talk to the person involved. magnun2300 may not of told the hole story i have spocked to the after person and his pc is down at the mo. this could lead to leagl maters so you should tread with caution
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:01 pm

The seller has been spoken to on a number of occassions and has been invited to provide proof of postage. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that something like this is known to have happened involving this seller.

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby bulldog » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:12 pm

:shock: i hope he wont let me down on satday then. i cant see it he is getting a good deal
mike
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Modifications