New member needs 305 swap advice

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

New member needs 305 swap advice

Postby MyboysFirenza » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:47 am

:D Hi, I'm (we're) new and have a question. My 11 year old just bought a very solid and original Canadian 71 Firenza. A previous owner has removed the original engine and auto trans already. We currently have a good 305 chevy and a th350 trans in the yard. The plan is to drop them in the Firenza. Does anybody have any tips/ideas to make this go as smoothly as possible?? These cars are *extremely* rare around here and v8 swaps are even rarer, so any advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks Jeff(dad) and Jesse (son)
MyboysFirenza
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:08 pm

Hi, and welcome. There are several V8 swaps been done over here. Read through the modifications section on here. Once the christmas period is over no dout you will get some more advice.
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Cold Snail » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:21 pm

GM did make a V8 Firenza and the V8 fits better than the slant 4 in mine.
All the best, Paul.
Cold Snail
I'm free!!!

Postby MyboysFirenza » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:40 am

Thanks, Does anyone know where to find some closeup pictures of the small bock V8 Chev swap? I measured everything, and it looks pretty close, but a picture would be nice. Our swap motor is still in the donor truck, and it might be a while until I find enough time to pull it.
Just to let any would be swappers know. I went to the wreckers yesterday and a Chev s-10 /s-15 2wd pickup (drum brakes) has a rear end that is almost the perfect fit, and should be adequate for V8 power :D . Thanks
MyboysFirenza
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Modifications