Window Tinting

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Window Tinting

Postby edgoose1 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:52 pm

I have just redone the small rear side window on the Firenza. I bought some new Defender window tint from Halfords thing that it would be better than what was left under the bed. Wrong the Defender stuff was totally rubbish, i thought it was me but the stuff would not stick and was *Bleep* to work with. I tried the old roll which is Eclipse and it went on easy as 123.
Just thought it worth mentioning as its not cheap stuff to waste.
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:00 am

I was trying to get some glass for my Sportshatch made in green tint instead of plain. I phoned a few car windscreen suppliers, they all said they could get the glass, that they'd have to get each window made so there'd be a delay, but they all said they couldn't get it done in green tinted glass, just plain clear. And none of them could tell me why not.

I wanted a tint because I think it suits the dark colour of the car, and I have a tinted front screen on it already. I didn't fancy the stick-on stuff because of the chance of getting bubbles in it, but I did read something about a spray-on finish a while back. If I ever get it running properly again I'll look into it, but thanks for the pointer.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby bodyworx » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:39 am

droopsnoot wrote:I wanted a tint because I think it suits the dark colour of the car, and I have a tinted front screen on it already. I didn't fancy the stick-on stuff because of the chance of getting bubbles in it, but I did read something about a spray-on finish a while back. If I ever get it running properly again I'll look into it, but thanks for the pointer.

Mike, if DECENT film is applied properly, there are no bubbles. i have been quoted £140 by a good local company I use regularly to do a hatch.
tint film can be done in green /red/ blue/ smoke/black/silver/gold

The spray stuff is garbage, dont use it, :evil:
Andy.
bodyworx
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby edgoose1 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:08 pm

Yes the good tint you can apply yourself and get a good finish. It takes a bit of practice. I would do it for someone as long as the windows are out of the car.
I also looked in having some tinted glass made but no one could do it ?
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Modifications