Steering wheel hub

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Postby SPEEDY » Sun May 24, 2009 8:32 pm

I am pretty sure there is a boss for the HA with Mountney, because I had one on my HA Van , the first type that Demon Tweeks sent me was for the older style steering column, so I had to send it back, as my Van was an early 1980s Van and had a column like a Chevette, which was the boss I ended up with. So I would say the older style would be the same as yours Alexander.
ImageImageImageRETRO VAUXHALLS OF THE VIVA KIND
SPEEDY
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Alexander » Sun May 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Okey, thanks then :) But i dont think that i will order the steering wheel :? Since my parents think its a waste of money damn parents :cry:
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

parents. Pooey!

Postby sportston » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:43 pm

parents! Earn your own money, spend your own way. Classic Vivas have to be loved. You show them love by buying them nice gifts (like a nice steering wheel, Rostyle wheels, Pipex camshaft or a Janspeed exhaust). These are the car equivalent to buying a woman a bunch of flowers. Just like you never complain about how much the bunch of flowers cost, never complain about how much bits your car costs. Never tell any woman (wife, girlfriend or mother) how much you spend on your car, particularly if its more than you spend on her!
sportston
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: parents. Pooey!

Postby Alexander » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:38 pm

sportston wrote:parents! Earn your own money, spend your own way. Classic Vivas have to be loved. You show them love by buying them nice gifts (like a nice steering wheel, Rostyle wheels, Pipex camshaft or a Janspeed exhaust). These are the car equivalent to buying a woman a bunch of flowers. Just like you never complain about how much the bunch of flowers cost, never complain about how much bits your car costs. Never tell any woman (wife, girlfriend or mother) how much you spend on your car, particularly if its more than you spend on her!

:D To bad im only 16 and not allowed to order things without my parents permission... :(
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

parents

Postby sportston » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:04 pm

Bummer! I feel for you mate. At least you have a cool car, even if you can't customize it... Get Dad more interested in the car. He might let you play with it more then.
Good luck
Tom
sportston
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby grandas_shed » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:37 am

try this seller on ebay and read the advert (ebay seller kinglouismay )
item http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Opel-Ste ... 0328591068

Universal fit suitable for MOMO, Nardi, Sparco, Isotta etc steering wheels.

Elevo Boss kit.

Fitting kit (includes screws and allen key)

Boxed.

I have been advised by the manufacturer that this kit will fit virtually every Vauxhall / Opel model however for obvious reasons I have not been able to try all of them.

As I can confirm which models are compatible I will amend the listing.

As a result should there be any problem with the kit in respect of fitment I will refund purchase price, post and packaging and your return postage.

Please contact first if you are unsure.

Order and pay with cleared funds before 4pm for same day despatch (mon- fri)

International orders welcome, countries not listed please contact for a shipping cost
grandas_shed
GT Viva
GT Viva

already asked

Postby sportston » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:03 pm

I asked him and he said it won't fit a Viva.
sportston
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Alexander » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks, for the link grandas_shed and thanks for the info about that you had asked him sportston :D I havent really cared any more about the steering wheel :P Since i now wanna fix the rust thats left to go and then get it started to see if it will run :D And then i might have some plans on putting a turbocharger on it :D Since thats a way i could get out alittle more HP without having to change the whole drivetrain, suspension, brakes and more... But we will se what that will happend to it :D But i think i could get all the rust fixed to the end of ext week, then there is just alittle bit of electrical, getting oil and oilfilter, mount the gastank then test fire it :D
I will let you know how it go :D maybe i will start a project tread?(or what its called) What do you guys think? :D
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby grandas_shed » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:25 am

a project thread sounds good, i think most people on here like to read those posts,
i know i do.. must do one my self some time.

i got one of the hubs from that ebay seller,(arrived to day in the post) it fits the shaft of my cresta, but i will have to modify the indicator switch as it needs to move further down the steering column buy around 1/2 inch.

also i need to find away to connect the horn,
wondering with the age of the car (1971) if i could fit it to the dash,

i might find a indicator stalk with a horn button on the end and use that, but can not think on one that would look right with out it looking to modern.
Last edited by grandas_shed on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grandas_shed
GT Viva
GT Viva

turbo!

Postby sportston » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:44 pm

wow a turbo on a ohv engine! I'd be interested to know if it works out well. I would have thought it would be cheaper to get a bigger engine instead.
If you get around to doing it, please put a parts list on here.
Good luck
sportston
sportston
SL Viva
SL Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Modifications