Steering wheel hub

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Re: turbo!

Postby Alexander » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:18 pm

sportston wrote:wow a turbo on a ohv engine! I'd be interested to know if it works out well. I would have thought it would be cheaper to get a bigger engine instead.
If you get around to doing it, please put a parts list on here.
Good luck
sportston

Yes, in uk or somewhere else than sweden it might would be cheaper and easier, but not here :cry: Here i would have to change almost everthing on the car and register it as something else 8) dont know the word in english... :oops: Its just a plan i have had, but we will se how it goes :Pi have atleast managed to find a oilfilter now that i ordered, so, if i get the rust fixed a could test start the engine, and if it is alot of problems with it i might change it and try to get it legal :D But hopefully it will work, and then all i have to do is alittle ellectrical work and then try to get it through the MOT i think its called in english? 8) ofcourse there is some small bits more than that but thats the bigg things :D then i will also see if the brakes and stuff will work :D if they also is bad, i might upgrade them since thats needed to put a bigger engine in :P so thta would be a step in the right direction :D

//Alex

BTW: i will start writing on a project tread soon so it might will show up one soon :D
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

brakes

Postby sportston » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Ah now i understand the choice of turbo instead of larger engine. Not sure if they fit the HA but if you upgraded the brakes to those from an HC and put drilled discs on they would be pretty good. I've got drilled discs on the front of my HC with standard Lockheed twin piston calipers. I am very pleased to say that they are better than those on my 3.0 V6 Alfa Romeo!
Best wishes
tom
sportston
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: brakes

Postby Alexander » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:23 pm

sportston wrote:Ah now i understand the choice of turbo instead of larger engine. Not sure if they fit the HA but if you upgraded the brakes to those from an HC and put drilled discs on they would be pretty good. I've got drilled discs on the front of my HC with standard Lockheed twin piston calipers. I am very pleased to say that they are better than those on my 3.0 V6 Alfa Romeo!
Best wishes
tom

Yes there might be a brake upgrade sometime, but probelaby nothing from a vauxhall then :P Since all vauxhall parts is very hard to find here in sweden there will probelaby be somthing from a volvo that i can find everywhere and cheap :D
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

volvo!

Postby sportston » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:22 pm

Oh no not from a Volvo, that's sacrilege!
Sorry. You probably think Volvos are great. In this country they are nearly always driven by bad drivers becuase it gives them a sense of security and safety because Volvos are strong and sturdy.
In truth they are good cars in many ways, but don't tell anyone I told you that (it would ruin my street cred! Lol)
Have you thought of joining the VVOC?
You may find that it would make it easier and cheaper to get parts. We joined a week ago and was very impressed when I saw their parts prices. I wish I'd joined ages ago. It makes good financial sense and they seem to be great guys too.
sportston
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: volvo!

Postby Alexander » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:15 pm

sportston wrote:Oh no not from a Volvo, that's sacrilege!
Sorry. You probably think Volvos are great. In this country they are nearly always driven by bad drivers becuase it gives them a sense of security and safety because Volvos are strong and sturdy.
In truth they are good cars in many ways, but don't tell anyone I told you that (it would ruin my street cred! Lol)
Have you thought of joining the VVOC?
You may find that it would make it easier and cheaper to get parts. We joined a week ago and was very impressed when I saw their parts prices. I wish I'd joined ages ago. It makes good financial sense and they seem to be great guys too.

No, actually i dont really like volvo either :P Here in sweden people think u are "cool" if u drive a volvo 740 without springs kindof... :P But since i have a saab to, they think im a *Bleep* sortof :roll: since its fwd... whats VVOC? :P vauxhall Viva something club ? Thanks for the tip but would like to know what it stands for :P

//Alex... BTW now there is a project tread up here to...
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

VVOC

Postby sportston » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:02 am

VVOC. Stands for "Vauxhall Viva Owners Club". The site that this forum is on. Look at the top left of this page. If you pay to join the club you get cool things like a VVOC windscreen sticker, a tax disc holder, quarterly club magazines, access to cheap parts and support and also you can join the club events (car shows, rallys etc.). It doesn't cost much to join.
sportston
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: VVOC

Postby Alexander » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:56 pm

sportston wrote:VVOC. Stands for "Vauxhall Viva Owners Club". The site that this forum is on. Look at the top left of this page. If you pay to join the club you get cool things like a VVOC windscreen sticker, a tax disc holder, quarterly club magazines, access to cheap parts and support and also you can join the club events (car shows, rallys etc.). It doesn't cost much to join.

Ok, almost right :D Sounds like a good/ smart and fun club to be in :D Sounds like the stuff is cool 8) I will have a look at it to see if i might will join, i guess its almost like the club my dad used to be in or still are maybe but he dont have the car anymore :roll: But that was a Volvo Pv or Duett club i think...
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to Modifications