Maximum Hp limit

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Maximum Hp limit

Postby Alexander » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Hello i wunder if vauxhall has any max HP limit on the vauxhall viva HA? Becouse I have some plans on change to engine. But here in sweden you can just add 20% from the original engines Hp if the manufacturer Have not put a maximum horsepower limit. So my question is: Have vauxhall a maximum horsepower limit on the vauxhall viva HA? Becouse otherwise there arent really any idea to swap the engine...

//Alex
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby lambaj » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:59 pm

I've never heard of Vauxhall applying an upper limit on the HP of the HA saloon. the Bedford HA may have had stated HP to meet legislation requirements, but the Saloon in the UK was tuned to about 100bhp by Jack Brabham and company for their GT+ spec HA saloon.

I cannot think of a reason why you cannot mod you car, but the rules in the UK allow a fairly broad brush for that kind of thing......

I hope the local laws allow you to play

Tony (HA21)
"Ere look - thats one of them Mk2 Vauxhall Cortinas....!!"
lambaj
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Alexander » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:35 am

Ok, well if i change the engine i have to have papers on that it doesnt have more than 20% Hp than the original engine, which barely whould make a difference... If i want to tune it more i have to change the whole suspension, brakes and more... But i will search a little bit more about it in swedish.

I will come back with the results if i get any :roll:

//Alex
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Modifications