1970 GT

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Re: 1970 GT

Postby jamezz666 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:31 pm

It's been a while but here is an update.

So the 40's that was bored out to 48's had some major problems, and was some how feeding the engine on idle, with the idle mixtures completely shut off and the carbs made the car run very badly. So I opted to buy a 2nd hand pair of 45's (supposedly) rebuilt, and I popped in the jets ect from the 48's and the car ran so much better! When it's cold, it does run like a bag of *Bleep* and does pop and bang and spit badly, until it's warmed up then it just spits a bit out of the trumpets.

Now some more news! I recently purchased a 3rd GT! I've been after a HB with a V8 for a very long time and I managed to get hold of one but it was a GT! It's been off the road for 20 odd years, but body wise it's in very good condition! The only welding it needs is the spare wheel well/ drivers floor behind the accelerator pedal and passenger floor about 4x2 inch patch.
I'm absolutely in love with the new GT and I'll try to get some upto date pictures on here as soon as possible.

photo sharing
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jpsmit » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:18 am

Looks great! I suspect there is much zip with that engine!
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby cooperman » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:34 am

3 Is just showing off... very nice
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jpsmit » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:07 pm

cooperman wrote:3 Is just showing off... very nice

My friend's dad had a collection of 'significant' cars including (I think) a rebodied Bentley Speed 6. His attitude was, three are just cars, 4 is a collection. proceed. :lol:
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby GTpete » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:33 pm

This looks like my old green Mk2, sold it over 30 years ago!! Fitted both new rear quarters, back panel, front inner and outer front wings and front panel (all original NOS parts).....nice to see it again....had I known I would have bought it back again!!! Although I like V8s I would look at changing this back to original as is such a rare car...should have some photos somewhere.....bought from a friend, who's brother owned one of the factory built V8 Chevy FD Ventoras... :D
GTpete
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to Restoration