weatherstripping

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

weatherstripping

Postby Cavansbh » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:31 pm

Hello all I have a viva ha and need all rubbers I was wondering if any one knows if HB or HC share the same kind of door seals or window seals and obviously know windscreen are different
Cavansbh
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: weatherstripping

Postby Mercury » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:21 pm

Hi, I see no one is talking to you on this subject, so let me see if I can provide some information.

I am told that these are no longer available (I wanted these as well) and have not been available for a long while, I was also told that they can be sourced from Australia, but then I have never found where from, so that was no help. So as I need the door weatherstrips and the window ones as well, I am undertaking a challenge to find something that will work. If you can bear with me, I am expecting a sample from one of our suppliers that may well do the job, so as soon as I have the samples and have tried them, I can let you know. Never give up, there is always something that will work, well at least that is what I am hoping for, we will get there together! Kindest regards, Simon
Mercury
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby jpsmit » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:34 pm

They can be sourced from OZ and this is where:

https://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/ ... IVA_HA.htm

I have their HB mouldings and they are excellent but expensive.

I have long wondered about companies like this

https://www.steelerubber.com/ (there are others)

It seems to me that if you can see the profile you should be able to sort a solution

good luck!
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby Mercury » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:42 pm

If this is of any interest to anyone out there, the chances are I will be ordering some new door seals for the HA from the people in Australia, so if it saves you money in shipping fees if they all ship with your parts, happy to help. Also I have had some of the large oval grommets made that go in the scuttle panel where the cable comes through, so if anyone has a need for a new one, please feel free to let me know, they will be cheap, not sure exactly how cheap yet, but not looking to make any money out of them, just a service if you need one. Kindest regards, Simon
Mercury
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby chasviva » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:32 pm

I'd certainly be after 3 grommets for the bulkhead & what are the weather strips you're going to order ?
Regards Chas
chasviva
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Mercury » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:59 pm

Hi, no problem, I will post a picture of the grommets when I get them with the sizes, the seals I am ordering are the HA door seals and fixing pins plus the outer door to window glass seals or wipers if you prefer. Anyone is welcome to send me an email to me direct, info@mercuryarv.co.uk please just head it VIVA SEAL PARTS please, when I put the pictures and sizes on, I will then know the cost to me. It does not have to be just what I am ordering, if there is something else you need from the same supplier, I am sure we can combine the postage, I will bear the first cost, then only charge you the difference so it is very fair to you. Kindest regards, Simon
Mercury
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:01 am

Seals Direct do some T section extrusion https://sealsdirect.co.uk/shopping.asp? ... entId=3#68 and I think I have bought similar from Woollies
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby jpsmit » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:17 pm

On the Vauxhall Viva Owners Facebook group, a member ( Carl Edgoose- Zagorskiy) just posted a pic of HB front windscreen rubber working on the rear screen of an HA - this off the roll from here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173469146632 ... K11LG559oA

no other info
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby Mercury » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:48 pm

UPDATE: 29/06/2022 I have found an alternative way of doing the door seals that works I say even better than the original, and it is cheap (well I think it is cheap) so if you would like to know more, feel free to drop me an email.
Mercury
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:26 am

Sounds like the makings of a good article for the club magazine.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Next

Return to Restoration