HPF Resto gone pear shaped

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

HPF Resto gone pear shaped

Postby doss » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:02 am

Need some help here. :cry:
I Bought my HPF resto last year and finally got round to getting the bodywork started in a bodyshop recently. I had thought and it did look like the majority of welding had been done and done fairly well. I discussed with the shop getting the car blasted as I wanted to get all the rot out and we agreed the price and went ahead. The bodywork was blasted and I have today been to see what little remains. It was a shock to say the least !! :cry: , and the fact that the guy has told me he will not charge me for the work doesnt make it hurt any the less. The body or what is left is not salvagable. So I have a HPF which is basically a right off. Unfortunatley now the only options I have is to re-shell the car or my worst nightmare sell of the parts. So my question is does anyone know of a coupe for sale anywhere with a VERY good shell. Doors, wings, bootlid, etc I have all those in good nick and mechanically I dont care. I need one fairly quickly as I can not justify the amount of money I am paying for my workshop if there is no car in it. I have couple of months grace, but then I will have to seriously start thinking about breaking and selling off the rest of the car. (( I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS )) I could be underhand and re-shell this car on the fly but I do not care about the fact it needs re-shelled as far as I am concerned the car was for me and I would still be happy with it being a re-shelled non original HPF. It would be a crying shame to split the rest of the car because of this.

So any help or info about a shell or any possibilities would be gratefully recieved.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :x :cry:
Thanks
Doss
HC 436
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby jonnydiver » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:07 pm

Sorry too hear that mate I am restoring my snoot but I am sending the shell of to be chemically stripped. This is less agressive than blasting but i am still worried of what it will reveal. the shell has had welding done to it but I am sure there will be some hidden rot that needs sorting. I will keep my eye out for you for a coupe shell. Mine is going to be a reshell because mine was too rotten alot of them are if you look closely.
jonnydiver
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:16 pm

Doss,

Please ring me or e-mail me a contact telephone number asap. I have sent you a message.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

HPF RESTO

Postby doss » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:20 pm

Ian
I replied to your mail the other day and I will PM you my contact details now also.
Thanks
Donald
Last edited by doss on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:23 pm

Sorry Doss,

Chairman e-mails are not arriving to me, please either e-mail me direct to teamdragoncars@hotmail.com or via the link in my profile. I would like to chat with you.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

HPF

Postby doss » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:41 pm

I have sent you a mail now Ian
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Restoration