For sale and wanted ads missing

:help3: an area for website help and use guides

Re: For sale and wanted ads missing

Postby 1972nail » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:08 pm

As said before, the decision wasn't taken lightly. Parts of that section had to be move immediately as they were being abused by non-members in a way that could not be tolerated. The move was to not just to safeguard members but the also wider Viva community as a whole, that's all that can be said.

Unfortunately due to technical problems, that need time to resolve, the whole section had to be moved with immediate effect. As and when they are resolved the less contraversial sections should re-appear in the non-members area. So, please be patient and trust that the Club is not out to get at non-members as a whole, just those who insist in mis-using the Forum.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby lord13 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:16 am

well thats interesting, what the hell happened??? By the sounds of it you had no choice but to remove the sections, although i can't quite believe the attitude of some on here, that want the benefits of being a club member without paying to be one . . .
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby GAV » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:09 pm

My point is I am a club member( but not for much longer) and have been from the get go,so why was I penalised posting an add for a rebuilt engine block.
Arent there members only parts of the forum, sorry it doesnt wash.

Back in the 90s I was briefly Editor for a National Guild of American Vehicle clubs, went to meetings far and wide( at my own expense and occassionally taking holiday time) including to Swansea's DVLC as it was then,as the powers that be wanted to impose off road tax, also getting on board many local clubs to sign up,

However when the Chairperson wanted to add Traders to the title I argued against that but he said The American Auto Club which had thousands rattling around in their coffers, were no longer willing to sponsor the Guild.

I questioned how or why so he said oh they were paying all his out of pocket expenses, so more fool me especially as having been laid off a third time work wise, I could have done with that money, also I got my ear bent by the clubs who wouldnt thereafter join the guild , and resigned my Voluntary post.I heard he was calling me a traitor, for goodness sake it wasnt an issue of National security to the realm but the constat Lobbying did turn the issue around.

When the Historic Vehicle Tax exhemption was anounced two years later and twenty years ago now I had suffered a first Coronary so dropped out of many club commitee things but it is largely taken for granted now and expoited no doubt by Trade Vendors,but I recall at the time the cynisism about the Government not giveing ought for nowt. Well We did get Sorn and then SVA but I do not personally object to either.

Anyways maybe I read it wrongly but you seem to be saying you want to protect the spares in house, as I said previously I have never benefitted from the in-house spares, but those of Private individuals members or not( never checked the twice in four plus years I did het parts off here, from others,)

Have through the Driver's Club, and as of last Sunday when my old HB decided to play up just as I was parking finding the idle jet wouldnt budge on that Zenith,like on the last second hand one, Luckily for me I got a similar one in the autojumble swapped some bits over and it got me home, a bit of fine tuning and its OK now.

I also had a long chat with a guy who has aquired an SL 90 maybe needing spares but he has some too and even a gent wanting some disc brake parts for his V8 113E Pop thats running a Viva front axle.
None of the shows The Owners Club go to are near here ( likewise the Driver's Club but my GT owning friend often gets me local passes), and advice and inputs on here are only of passing interst, I mean spend some time taking pictures of your cars interior as a discussion about rear vents, like on Estates eminate with some rediculous nonesence about release of air pressure in a Saloons interior and some clever *Bleep* responds
no doubt an HB expert will be along soon,

I also find ignorent folk just dont bother to acknowledge attempts to give em correct advices,rightly or wrongly, maybe they are non members along for a free ride. Some of course do also.
GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:57 pm

GAV wrote:My point is I am a club member

GAV i just looked at the account on the forum and you don't have access to the private members area.

Alas it doesn't come automatically with paid up membership because 99 times out of 100 people sign up to the forum with a different email address to that supplied on their paid membership application, and use an alias as their username making it impossible to tie the two together. :|

So assist we have a "Private Members area application" feature at the top of the page, which allows a person to provide the details to link the accounts and if thats all fine i can promote that user to the private members area. :mrgreen:
pbottomley

Postby GAV » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:44 am

I know I can be a bit slow off the mark but after all this time a lightbulb just lit in one of my still good brain cells ,does this account for my never having received a Magazine, I guess because I presumed all the interaction was done on line? Also thanks for the explaination Pete however when I log on I see that it states me as a member not guest without doing what you advised,which is all a bit confusing !
GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:00 pm

GAV wrote:I know I can be a bit slow off the mark but after all this time a lightbulb just lit in one of my still good brain cells ,does this account for my never having received a Magazine, I guess because I presumed all the interaction was done on line? Also thanks for the explaination Pete however when I log on I see that it states me as a member not guest without doing what you advised,which is all a bit confusing !

contact.php
pbottomley

Postby OUL 735 L » Sun May 29, 2022 5:30 pm

Kind Regards Ian
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Previous

Return to Website Discussion